What's new

Canadian Check-in

I love forums for my hobbies (knives, whittling, star gazing) so was really intrigued to find an entire forum dedicated to the manly art of shaving. :001_smile

Over the years, I have tried electric razors but didn't like the result. I have tried the higher end cartridge razors and never really saw the benefit of spending the extra money so have been shaving with disposable two blade cartridges.

I think I used a safety razor briefly many years ago but probably fell for the "higher tech" glamour the companies peddled.

I have been soaking up all the info on the forum here and I would like to try DE safety razor wet shaving. The information here is truly amazing and I am very thankful for all the effort everyone puts into the forum to share and help newbies like me.

A long time ago, after a divorce and move far away from family, my birthday and Christmas (2 weeks apart) were really boring with no gifts and people to celebrate with. So I got in the habit of getting myself birthday and Christmas presents to celebrate.

More people in my life now, but I kept the tradition of gifting myself. So this year, I think my birthday present will be a nice safety razor shaving kit.

Thanks again for such a great forum.
We are glad that you are with us it's sad that you moved away from your family and felt lonely to the point of gifting your self. But as long as you are with Badgre and Blade you will always have family.

Last edited:
We are glad that you are with us it's sad that you moved away from your family and felt lonely to the point of gifting your self. But as long as you are with Badgre and Blade you will always have family.

I have family close now - I started that tradition years ago when I was further away and never got any gifts.

Now I have fun with the tradition even though the reason for starting it is no longer current. But glad to join the "family" here at B&B. :)

I have family close now - I started that tradition years ago when I was further away and never got any gifts.

Now I have fun with the tradition even though the reason for starting it is no longer current. But glad to join the "family" here at B&B. :)
What is your shave gear now?

What is your shave gear now?

I currently use just a disposable twin blade cartridge razor and dollar store shaving cream in a can. So I have looooong way to go.

Did just order a cheap chinese razor on eBay and picked up some inexpensive shaving soap and brush at the local drug store to start. I thought I would get myself a better rig for my birthday in mid December.

I currently use just a disposable twin blade cartridge razor and dollar store shaving cream in a can. So I have looooong way to go.

Did just order a cheap chinese razor on eBay and picked up some inexpensive shaving soap and brush at the local drug store to start. I thought I would get myself a better rig for my birthday in mid December.
Try to upgrade soon, the sooner the better. December is close.

Top Bottom