What's new

Warm Lather-Me Likey

Tried something different today. Plopped a puck of Williams in a green Marvy® mug. Filled the mug with hot tap water and soaked my Omega Pro 48 in the mug while showering. Whipped up a lather and was quite impressed with the warmness. It added an excellent dimension to the whole shaving experience. Any other warm lather lovers or stories?

It's hard to beat a warm lather. I usually warm my mug and soap in the hottest water I can get from the top for a warm morning shave.

It's hard to beat a warm lather. I usually warm my mug and soap in the hottest water I can get from the top for a warm morning shave.

I think I can get really used to warm lather. I was very impressed with the heat retention qualities of the rubber green Marvy® mug.

I submerge my ceramic bowl, brush, and sometimes my hard soap in hot water while I shower. The resulting lather is just warm enough to be excellently soothing. I don't like scuttle-hot lather, so my method is just right for me.

I have a Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle for warm lather, though I've pretty much been a cold water shaver for most of the past year or so.

I remember one of the first times I bowl lathered. It was with Proraso green. My mug and the lather stayed very warm; the combination with the Proraso menthol was irresistible. I went across the house and showed it to my daughter, who agreed. Good stuff. The green Marvy mug sounds cool (no pun intended)!

My favorite shave always includes a Becker scuttle. Although...I wonder what would happen if you plopped a hot pie into your Marvy. :tongue_sm

We have a double sink vanity in our bathroom. I shave in my sink and float my lather bowl in a sink of hot tap water in the other. Works out nicely.

Warm lather is great, especially in winter! I tried the cold shaving once. Nope, not for me. Seemed like the razor was sticking to my face or something, I rinse under hot water, and love the feel of a warm razor against the skin, even in the summer (And I'm not much for being in hot weather). I've been thinking of getting a scuttle. Once I find my own house and the bathroom is MINE! (I'm single. It will be MY house. 'Nuff said)

Top Bottom