What's new

What type of soap to do wash your hair with (bar soap, shampoo, other)

What type of soap do you wash your hair with?

• Bar Soap

• Liquid Soap

• Shampoo Bar

• Shampoo

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
What type of soap do you wash your hair with (bar soap, liquid soap, shampoo bar, shampoo, other)? If other state what you use.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like to switch it up between Lucky Tiger pine tar shampoo and Grandpa's pine tar bar soap. Rinse with apple cider vinegar mix and finish off after drying with a couple of drops of Michelle's hair oil from Mystic Waters.

Last edited:
I wash my hair with Ivory soap, and put Barbasol in it as conditioner. Once a week I will rinse my hair with Listerine. Amazing the tricks you can learn from talking to the older generations.

I stopped using shampoo a couple of months ago. I was with warm water when I shower, and use conditioner every 2-3 day. It takes 1-2 weeks to get used to, but my hair is a lot easier to deal with now. However, it is key that you do not use gel, wax or other styling products.

I stopped using shampoo a couple of months ago. I was with warm water when I shower, and use conditioner every 2-3 day. It takes 1-2 weeks to get used to, but my hair is a lot easier to deal with now. However, it is key that you do not use gel, wax or other styling products.
No styling products? That's a deal breaker for me.

I use a conditioner to "shampoo". I have curly and sodium laurel sulfate just strips my hair. I use raw shea butter and a shea moisture mousse as a leavein conditioner.

Another interesting poll idea is the frequency of hair washes. I've learned that it's better not to wash your hair every day, but whenever I do this, my hair gets too oily.

Bar soap...

Stirling Tea tree or Dr. Bronners Tea Tree. Thats what I use on the rest of my body, as well. Shampoo makes my hair dry, using my bath bar, does not :)

I have a question for the don't wash everyday people. Does your hair not get oily? I am very interested in this, just don't think I can do it. I shower in the morning, go to work, come and when I wake up in the morning my hair is oily.

I use shampoo bars from QCS. I follow with a vinegar rinse. Twice a week I use olive oil and honey as a treatment.

I use towel dry thickening formula with a spray in conditioner, I've been using their product for about a year now received a sample in my birchbox which is how I typically relieve samples.

I just received some Pinaud shampoo I think because of all the Barbershop Scents people have been raving about. The stuff is GOOD! Smells good and performs well in the sense that it explodes with lather and is able to break down most of the petroleum pomade in my hair.

Good stuff that states it has natural hair-thickening properties for the folks here that are worried about that kind of thing.

Top Bottom