What's new

Cheapest score yet.

That one was on my watch list. I intended to bid on it to restore with a synthetic knot for a friend but I wasn't paying attention when it neared the end.

I'm glad for you that you wound up the only bidder as the shipping was out of line for a brush.

Congrats.

24mm TGN Super Finest set around 58. What a great knot. Very firm but so soft. Zero scritch. Perfect for face lathering. It really picks up soap. This was what was left after a 3 pass shave, 10 second load(30 swirls of Tiki) when I was cleaning it out.
Here is MWF. 10 minute rehydration soak, 10 second load 35 swirls.

Really nice looking brush, the two band hair suits the colour of the handle, liking the marbling in the bottom part of the handle too.

I love this shape of Ever-Ready brush. Opened my last one up a bit for my 1305 knot
Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the 1305 knot out of the original handle? Did you steam it, thereby saving the handle, or did you just cut the old handle off?

Reason I'm asking is that I can't find a Barbear Classico Cerda, so I want to make my own by resetting the 1305, which has the same knot, from its original 55mm loft to 50mm.

The knot survived intact and I had no problem reusing it. With the lower loft the splay is greatly reduced and without the glue bump of my Cerda it holds plenty of soap.

The knot survived intact and I had no problem reusing it. With the lower loft the splay is greatly reduced and without the glue bump of my Cerda it holds plenty of soap.
Great, thanks for the encouraging news. Can't wait for my brush to come in so I can take it apart and make it "better". I actually bought a Semogue Italian Barber 2012 LE, which is a 1305 without the dyed bristles.

Any tricks to getting the knot out? I steamed the brush, and now the knot spins freely, but won't pull out. If it makes any difference, the metal ring spins with the knot, i.e. knot and ring spin together with respect to the handle.

Brush sitting in the fridge right now, hoping for some thermal contraction.

I was able to get it out just by wiggling, twisting and pulling.

I just did the same with an Ever-Ready brush that I too picked up off the 'bay. It theft the bottom of the hole looking pretty uneven though, which I never thought about. Did that happen to yours, if so did you level it off or just put the knot straight in?
The brush looks lovely by the way, a great looking knot.

Wazza
Thanks.
I drilled out the Ever Ready knot. I added a little weight and then used a piece of cork to build a shelf for the new knot.

I was able to get it out just by wiggling, twisting and pulling.
Yeah, that didn't work. I wound up having to pry it out, ring and all. The "donut" at the bottom of the knot would not clear the built up epoxy that holds it in.

Now my question to myself is, do I keep the mangled Semogue ring, or not.

Top Bottom