What's new

Travelling with your razor

While this isn't strictly about traveling the title is relevant.

I've been living in a share house for the past 5 months and there's not 1 tiny bit of storage in the bathroom so I've had to carry my toiletries in a travel bag to and from the bathroom twice daily. This has let to several tears in the lining of my toiletry bag which I now realise are caused by my DE razor.

I'd like to replace my bag now but before I do I'd like to find a way to keep the DE razor within the bag but not have it ripping up the lining.

So do any of you gents that travel have some suggestions for how you deal with this problem?

What has worked well for me is to take an old 35mm film container and cut a slot halfway down the side of it so that I can slide the head of the razor inside. The container is about the same size as a DE razor head so when you put the cap on it secures everything nicely. Since it is made of plastic it won't scratch the finish of your razor and the blade is protected by the razor's safety bar or comb.

Hi,

I have a box that I take into the bathroom whenever I shave. Keeps it all together that way and you just need to find somewhere for your brush to dry.

I bought a Weishi just for the clam shell case.

I now keep my 37c traveling slant in the Weishi case and it is FANTASTIC

proxy.php

Lots of good ideas here; I have used the Weishi case myself for travel. Having had to walk a ways to get to a bathroom on more than a few occasions, I have a few versions of toiletry kit, tailored to how long I am stuck in a place/how austere the environment. Of these, I have a 'dopp kit-shaped' one and one with a carry handle and hook and lots of compartments, and found them at $5 and $15 respectively.

Search for 'toiletry bag' on Amazon and you will find both types--Lewis N Clark has one under fifteen bucks that looks like it could hold whatever you might like to bring on a trip (comparable to what I deploy with).

For just a shat kit, and one going just down the hall at that, you need not be so elaborate as that, of course--a zip-up cheapie from Walmart's travel toiletries area would probably serve you well for most of the items, and as Hawes said, a travel soap plastic box for the razor. Good luck!

Here's a few pictures of a case I use to carry any of my TTO DE razors.

$R-Holder 001.jpg
Case with razor inside it (snap lid closed).

$R-Holder 002.jpg
Case with razor inside it (snap lid open).

They sell similar cases for around $10.00 (+/-) on various websites for shaving supplies.

Last edited:
I bought a plastic box that fits my razor, a tuck of blades, razorock alum, a brush and a small soap puck. I rilled the box with closed cell foam and cut out the foam to custom fit each of those. Works reall good and not chance for damage to any of my stuff short of a car running it over.

While this isn't strictly about traveling the title is relevant.

I've been living in a share house for the past 5 months and there's not 1 tiny bit of storage in the bathroom so I've had to carry my toiletries in a travel bag to and from the bathroom twice daily. This has let to several tears in the lining of my toiletry bag which I now realise are caused by my DE razor.

I'd like to replace my bag now but before I do I'd like to find a way to keep the DE razor within the bag but not have it ripping up the lining.

So do any of you gents that travel have some suggestions for how you deal with this problem?

I take my blade out and put into the bottom of the pill case; I then place my Duke 2 on top, screw the lid closed and... VOILA!!! Problem solved.

Top Bottom