What's new

October 1st is just around the corner

Hey Team,

13 and 14 down.

13 was with SCS Pumpkin, and it was yogurty again. I like that. Not quite as slick as I'd like, but nice. Used a Lord Platinum blade this time in the New, and didn't much care for it. Compared to the Polsilver SI (current go-to), I think it is rough, and not as close a shave. Ogallala Bay Rum-Sage and Cedar splash (awesome combo).

14 was with HTGAM Pumpkin 3.14, and the more I use it the more I find myself falling in love with the scent. Notice I didn't say performance. I LOVE the scent. Performance is ho-hum. This round goes to SCS (and ultimately to RR). I also used a GSB, which I know better. Not as harsh as the Lord Platinum, but not near as smooth as the Polsilver SI. Ok shave today. Autumn Factory Splash-now that is an awesome product.

Great Punkin' Fest SOTD #15
Prep: Shower
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant Prototype v2
Brush: M&F Chief
Soap: SCS Pumpkin
Method of lather: Face
Quality of lather: Slick
Aftershave: RazoRock Baby Blue
Other: RazoRock Alum as Deodorant
​Another nice slick, smooth shave today.

So folks, I'm conflicted: I'm heading to Cancun on Saturday for my wife's 30th birthday. So many questions...

Do I check a bag and hope all shows up well? I normally check a bag when I travel. Or do I carry on and hope to find blades there?

Lastly, I have the HTGAM The Beach, and my wife has requested that scent but it isn't a demand...

I feel like I should stick with the Punkin Fest, but *read with whiney baby voice* I'm on vacaaaaaation...

So folks, I'm conflicted: I'm heading to Cancun on Saturday for my wife's 30th birthday. So many questions...

Her birthday, her rules: hit The Beach, my friend. :lol:

If you check a bag, stash your Dopp kit and blades in it; if you carry on, throw in a couple of disposables. Good luck, and have fun!

Plenty of soap remaining. For the rest of the month, the puck will see nothing but soap-hating boars. The boars should find the end of the puck in short order.

Do I check a bag and hope all shows up well? I normally check a bag when I travel. Or do I carry on and hope to find blades there?

Lastly, I have the HTGAM The Beach, and my wife has requested that scent but it isn't a demand...

I feel like I should stick with the Punkin Fest, but *read with whiney baby voice* I'm on vacaaaaaation...

Cancun was a blast, we went last year for our honeymoon, and my wife was about to turn 30. So that's pretty neat.

Neither of us checked our bags. I left the DE at home and brought a Gillette Sensor Excel along with a brush, soap, and cream.

I would DEFINITELY pack The Beach and a nice menthol splash. And remember not to brush your teeth with their water. That sucked.

Cancun was a blast, we went last year for our honeymoon, and my wife was about to turn 30. So that's pretty neat.

Neither of us checked our bags. I left the DE at home and brought a Gillette Sensor Excel along with a brush, soap, and cream.

I would DEFINITELY pack The Beach and a nice menthol splash. And remember not to brush your teeth with their water. That sucked.

Thanks for the advice, folks! I hadn't thought about the water, so I'll probably snag some bottled water to brush the teeth/drink/etc.

She is possibly changing her mind on which soap/splash to take, so we'll see. I'll advise and let y'all know what she chooses:)

Shave 15: SCS Pumpkin, Merkur 39C with Polsilver SI (awesome combo on a three day growth), Ogallala Bay Rum/Sandalwood splash. I was sick all day yesterday and started feeling better around 9PM. I took a hot shower, and pampered myself a little bit. Going from looking like a bum before the shower to looking like I was ready for a business meeting afterwards does wonders for the psyche.

The HTGaM pumpkin performs great for me. The SCS soap I tried was Neroli, and that was not great for me. Does the pumpkin perform better?

The HTGaM pumpkin performs great for me. The SCS soap I tried was Neroli, and that was not great for me. Does the pumpkin perform better?

I couldn't tell you if one SCS performs better than another SCS product, as I've only had the pumpkin and a sample of the pipe tobacco. Both performed admirably for me, although please note I have found the SCS soaps to be far thirstier than any soap I've previously encountered. Add more water than you think. You can always add more product.

IME, the only difference between SCS soaps are the fragrances. I have used many different SCS soaps and have had success with them all.

I couldn't tell you if one SCS performs better than another SCS product, as I've only had the pumpkin and a sample of the pipe tobacco. Both performed admirably for me, although please note I have found the SCS soaps to be far thirstier than any soap I've previously encountered. Add more water than you think. You can always add more product.

If I still had them I would try this.

Great Punkin' Fest SOTD #11
Prep: Face wash soak while showering
Razor: HTGAM Symmetry Open Comb
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: HGTAM Pumpkin Pi
Aftershave: Mandom

I will make it to 10.31, but just....

I have a Stone Cottage Pumpkin that will go under the brush next

Thanks for the advice, folks! I hadn't thought about the water, so I'll probably snag some bottled water to brush the teeth/drink/etc.

She is possibly changing her mind on which soap/splash to take, so we'll see. I'll advise and let y'all know what she chooses:)

Shave 15: SCS Pumpkin, Merkur 39C with Polsilver SI (awesome combo on a three day growth), Ogallala Bay Rum/Sandalwood splash. I was sick all day yesterday and started feeling better around 9PM. I took a hot shower, and pampered myself a little bit. Going from looking like a bum before the shower to looking like I was ready for a business meeting afterwards does wonders for the psyche.

They had a bunch of bottled water in the room. I just forgot the first day out of habit.

Not sure which shave I am on anymore. I broke through to the bottom of the tin this morning, but I think I have a number of shaves left in this one. I also have another one to get me through to Thanksgiving.

Prep: Shower
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant Prototype v2
Brush: RazoRock Amici
Soap: SCS Pumpkin
Method of lather: Face
Quality of lather: Slick
Aftershave: RazoRock Baby Blue
Other: RazoRock Alum for Deodorant

Top Bottom