What's new

Zombie Appocolypse

I'm reading a couple threads on how many blades people stock. Many have enough blades to get through a zombie apocalypse. I then looked at my soaps, and while I have them for variety in my life, it's enough to get through a zombie apocalypse.

How many take this kind of passion in stocking their homes in the event of an emergency such as blizzard, hurricane, tornado, earthquake or that fictional zombie apocalypse? I heard an advert on the radio the other day for ready.gov where the government is telling you to stock supplies for a number of days. My guess is because their responses to Katrina and Sandy were so poorly executed, people went so long they were dumpster diving for food to feed their families. I read about the thin veneer of civility being broken down in Toledo because their water turned toxic.

How many of you are ready should something happen in your community? Besides being able to keep the town cleanly shaven, that is. Poke fun, if you wish, but it is something to seriously consider.

Last edited:
Usually prepare for hurricane, but risk low right now.

And have bug out bag, too.

As far as blades, I didn't set out to stock a life time worth, it just happened.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't have a emergency kit but should. Earthquakes are a real risk here in NZ, we are encouraged to have food, water, first add kit etc.

Shaving would be well covered as far as soaps, AS go. I use a straight, so have hones.
Water may be of short supply in a real disaster so I would stay unshaved over having drinking and cooking water.

It'd help if I noticed my poor spelling in the title. What in the world happened there? :blink:

Good for you being ready if a hurricane hit! You have an advantage since NWS is pretty good letting people know. Somehow that early warning still didn't help Katrina and Sandy victims. How did people get by in past disasters that they're not doing now? Maybe it's the convenient around the corner supermarkets and thinking they'll always have full shelves?

Me and my wife have a small garden each year and can most of it. I set up a store room in my basement where i keep everything. Ive spent a good chunk of my life living off the land, hunting, learning plants, and have been stocking ammo etc. I also have 2 bug out locations, 1 to the north and one to the south of me both on family land. I feel should something happen I have a pretty good survival rateing.

Me and my wife have a small garden each year and can most of it. I set up a store room in my basement where i keep everything. Ive spent a good chunk of my life living off the land, hunting, learning plants, and have been stocking ammo etc. I also have 2 bug out locations, 1 to the north and one to the south of me both on family land. I feel should something happen I have a pretty good survival rateing.

Wow, you're set! I need to do something to avoid feeding my kid ketchup and a can of beef broth if something happens. Ahhh, I'm kidding a bit. I do have some camping supplies that could shelter us for a bit. I have outdoor cooking to a science. But food and water are pretty important things I need to stop thinking about and getting something put away if something happened. I do have a generator, that was in short supply when Sandy hit the NE. But I need to think about how much gas I need and how to get hold of it should something happen.

Like I was saying, it's something even our government tells us all to do (not to mention common sense) but I'm guilty of not taking it seriously myself. I've watched the ZombieLand movies and the like but still guilty of the breaking the first rule, thinking it can't happen to my family. Funny how a thread on blade stash got me thinking about this.

Any tips?

Last edited:
In the event of zombies I will grow a beard and wait it out. Plus I have more than enough ammo to take out 2 battalions of zombie hordes

Legion

Staff member
I usually don't have enough food in the house to make dinner, let alone survive some sort of emergency, because I am too disorganised to go shopping. I should be fixed for shaving soap, however.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I am in no way prepared for any type of disaster. I do think it is a best practice to be prepared. I just don't worry to much about the unthinkable happening. If that makes sense....

Government here recommends people that they have food and water for a few days, and have an emergency kit. We more or less have the minimum kit. Don't count on electricity and transport to work in case of a flood.

Top Bottom