What's new

Pimples and Shaving - The bitter truth

Sometimes you have pimples on your face that you can shave around. Sometimes you just have to run them over and hope for the best.

What are you supposed to do if you have a few pimples and need a "Socially Acceptable Shave"?

I run them over, put clearisil on them at night, wait a few days, then repeat.

Is there a better way?

YES!!!

the answer is please please please don't EVER shave over them. You can actually get very close to the but not right over… going over will just cut them open and cause them to take far longer to go away. so during your shave, avoid them completely, then (yes this is blasphemy I know) after your shave is done, do some touch up right around them with NO lather so that you can see exactly what you are doing. And then if you really do have to go over them a tiny bit, at least you see what you are doing and you only do it once.

I've been getting a few minor break outs lately from the heat and have noticed that running them over is slowing down the healing process.

Shaving around them in that manner without lather is a really good idea. It's the little blemishes that I feel there is no other way around.

I was shaving just about every day for a week with some pimples on my face and finally took two days off for them to heal.

Doing one WTG pass gave me SAS and I was surprised how much better my skin looked. I did have a few little whiteheads on my chin that I squeezed and shaved over them. The result was a little bit of redness that went away minutes later.

Last edited:
I've been getting a few minor break outs lately from the heat and have noticed that running them over is slowing down the healing process.

Shaving around them in that manner without lather is a really good idea. It's the little blemishes that I feel there is no other way around.

I was shaving just about every day for a week with some pimples on my face and finally took two days off for them to heal.

Doing one WTG pass gave me SAS and I was surprised how much better my skin looked. I did have a few little whiteheads on my chin that I squeezed and shaved over them. The result was a little bit of redness that went away minutes later.

Glad to hear it! Yes, the answer for any blemish or irritation is usually to take a few days off if you can!

Top Bottom