What's new

Akkerman Oranje: Ink Review

Akkerman Oranje
Ink

$2014-08-13 00.39.40.jpg

This stuff is Orange, like super saturated no way you wont notice, man I see a summer sun shinning down warmly upon my face, 90s neon sunglass Orange, and thats fantastic by me. I love this colour, and it is fully saturated so there wont be any shading, but man it looks rich and deep in colour on the page.

$2014-08-14 21.43.34.jpg
Let me tell you now, this is a lot more then just a kick butt bottle, this ink is fantastic and delivers. It looks great on the page and flows perfectly, pure joy to write with, but it does come at a slight cost, namely the dry times are higher then most inks you will find, at around the 25 second mark on this type of paper may not seem to bad, but it is also done with a very fine nib, so if you need something that will dry quick,... buy this for the cool bottle and great look anyway, and stare at its marvel for a few more seconds then usual to make up for that time, youll thank me trust me.

$2014-08-14 21.43.44.jpg

Just to show the saturation levels, they are high, and there is now shading.... see, told you. This stuff is not cheap, and doesnt ship cheap as I understand it (At least to me in canada) Im super happy I bought the orange, and I may have to look for a few more colours over time, I really like this stuff

Some better pictures in daylight

$IMG_20140815_132121.jpg$IMG_20140815_132139.jpg

Last edited:
ok...ink is BRIGHT...almost looks like you could use this as a highlighter ink. All the akkerman inks you reviewed looks pretty nice...but I think I like this one the most...and the bottle...that alone makes me want to get some lolz

the camera sucks on this, it is bright but it is way richer then what the pics show,... I need to get these inks into sunlight to get a proper show on them. it would cover over to much to be a highlighter. someone in the states has these now, so it is easier to get your hands on these. I forget who it is but Sam knows and im sure someone else will be along

I've started to notice that you have a thing for neat ink bottles... The orange is definitely that.. I don't know if I could get away with writing in orange at work. After looking up the brand of ink after seeing your reviews I wouldn't mind personally getting a bottle of the simplicities violet.. You didn't happen to get a bottle of that too which you plan on reviewing did you?

I've started to notice that you have a thing for neat ink bottles... The orange is definitely that.. I don't know if I could get away with writing in orange at work. After looking up the brand of ink after seeing your reviews I wouldn't mind personally getting a bottle of the simplicities violet.. You didn't happen to get a bottle of that too which you plan on reviewing did you?

I gave away a bottle of "Simplisties Violet" as a birthday present. I haven't tried it myself, but I saw some writing with that ink. Looks nice. And of course the reference to the "Simplisties Verbond" is very funny :001_smile

someone in the states has these now, so it is easier to get your hands on these. I forget who it is but Sam knows and im sure someone else will be along
It looks like the Vanessa Pen Shop in Little Rock, Arkansas carries the Akkerman inks in 60 ml bottle.

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Akkermann inks are made by Diamine, and are either just rebranded versions or slightly modified?

I dont know, cant really do a side by side as I only have Eau De Nil in Diamine. Its possible Diamime makes it for Akkerman to Akkermans specs, as this felt different to my memory of the diamines ive used, but its been a while since I've loaded it up

btw... the feathering on the page isnt the ink, it was something on the palm of my hand that got on the page before i wrote over the spot... i hadn't had that happen before or since

Top Bottom