What's new

Visconti Green: Ink Review

Visconti Green
Ink

So after I bought my Visconti Rembrandt at the DC show, I headed over to the ink table to fill it up. The greens looked nice and I though to myself, I need to pick up some Visconti to try since I never have, and well, its the pen. Ive been using it for a few days so lets get some thoughts out on the stuff. First lets say that my camera on my new phone sucks in my light for this stuff, so Ill update with some outdoor shots when I can.

$2014-08-14 21.53.19.jpg
The Ink once upon a time came in a glass bottle that was really cool, now in a slightly less cool plastic bottle. but the bottles are functional to help fill a pen with lower ink levels. At 17.50(Ish) per 40 ml, this is certainly not the cheapest ink out there, but Im still sorry I didnt snatch up a bottle at the show now that I have used it for a bit.

$2014-08-14 21.53.27.jpg
the ink does have some nice shading effects to it, not overly so that it looks bad on the page, but once dried you do get some subtle tone differences that look rather nice to the eye. Its more saturated then an iroshizuku, but less then a PR or Noodlers, Diamine may be a similar comparison to saturation levels. I love the ink flow on this stuff, its a great pleasure to write with, and I think next time I go ink hunting, I may pick a bottle of this up for myself.

$2014-08-14 21.53.33.jpg

Dry times are not that bad, for such a great flowing ink i was rather impressed, on my Premium CD paper that Apica makes, dry times on most inks dont show their best days, there is a touch of smear at the 15 second mark, which is really good with this paper and such a thick medium nib, out of one of my fine point Japanese nibs I would think this would be under 10 seconds easy.

The ink is nice, but way to expensive to burn through everyday at work, but would make a great letter writer from time to time. I would have fell in love I think with a glass bottle (Stupid nice bottles suck me in every time), but I am uber sorry I didnt pick a bottle up, I will at some point in the future though

Pictures in better light

$IMG_20140815_132225.jpg$IMG_20140815_132239.jpg

Last edited:
Great Review, James, thanks for writing it up! I have Visconti Red and Brown, and like them quite a bit. I've never seen the green.

I personally love the green/blue inks and it's mainly the siren that was singing to me that caused me to get my TWSBI recently. This ink looks really nice to me, especially the shading. Unfortunately I was at the age where we had computer lab instead of practicing penmanship and learning how to write cursive, so that's my next step on this fountain pen adventure. Shading on printed letters isn't quite as impressive :-\.

I got some better lighted pictures today... ill swap them out at lunch but it is nice stuff for sure

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Those newer pictures (in all the threads) show a much better *pop* than the previous ones, which looks a little washed out. Thanks.

Top Bottom