What's new

Gentleman Restraint for One Month - September 2014 Edition

Sometimes I think these GRUs are like putting a flashing neon NO SMOKING sign in a library. You had no intention of smoking, but that sign just keeps flashing, daring you to light one up.

Sometimes I think these GRUs are like putting a flashing neon NO SMOKING sign in a library. You had no intention of smoking, but that sign just keeps flashing, daring you to light one up.
For me it is like the "jettison" switch in cockpits (I work on avionics). I'm safely in a hangar but there it sits, taunting. In one familiarization class the instructor passed around one of the switches so we could practice the maneuver. That satisfied the curiosity. And that passaround is like trading during the restraint!

SOTD

Weber PH with classic handle
7OC Black (1)
Whipped Dog 24/48
B&M Heather, Vetiver and Clary Sage
Thayer's unscented WH w/ Aloe
Nivea AS balm

First time with the classic handle, blade, and soap. Absolutely stellar shave.

#12 still in.

$uploadfromtaptalk1409679680954.jpg
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Gem Stainless blades
B&B brush
Stirling Ben Franklin soap
British Sterling aftershave

Why did I need to spend a couple hours in the aftershave sub forum.... now I want some splashes. Still in though... but $14.99 for Fine AS seems tempting

Brush knot should be here soon. Just got an email saying my Stirling soap has been shipped, razor should be on its way home with another knot in a few days.

should have enough to do now to keep me busy for the month.

Getting excited.

I've been having the opposite as some of you. I'm looking at my collection and it feels excessive. I've been going over the razors I have and making three piles: Keep, Sell, Maybe. My sell pile seems to be growing. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to commit to selling anything. I may have a change of heart in an hour, but between this thread and the Single in September thread, it's starting to feel like it's den clearing time. It may just be time to sell off a lot of stuff and put it towards a nice ATT set and call it a day. Nothing that has passed through BST has really done anything for me and I keep looking.

#33 still in!

Day one head shave;
Dreadnought preshave oil
Semogue 2000
OTOKO Organics (WOW!!!)
39c w/Silver Iridium
Nancy Boy Blossomwood ASB

SOTD;
Dreadnought preshave oil
Mr. Pomp Silver tip badger
Nancy Boy Blossomwood cream
39c w/Silver Iridium
Clubman Special Reserve AS

That Otoko is amazing. I hope it is still around in October!

I'm convinced I have way too many soaps. 2 are being traded away, but 6 or 7 more are coming in. I think I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 55 soaps.

Question for the judges: Am I out if I buy some bath soap from Stirling?

Some of my August purchases are rolling in to ease the restraint. This razor set was part of my demise during the August Restraint. :w00t:

$IMG_0646.JPG

$IMG_0647.JPG

Schick J2 Injector Razor

$IMG_0653.JPG

Top Bottom