What's new

Gentleman Restraint for One Month - September 2014 Edition

So despite my utter failure at the August Editon, I've been selected to run the September restraint! Let's see if the extra pressure can't keep me under control.

Are you interested in restraining from purchases for one month? This is geared with those who have a hard time making it a quarter or year (or the month of August), but want to work on curbing their ADs. All are welcome to join. If you fail please share with pictures if possible. :shifty:

This restraint is for September 1-30, 2014

RULES

1. No shaving purchases, period. (This will not include buying items for someone else, as we should be willing to help others join the DE, SE, or straight world, use your best judgement here, and do not ask for anything in return for the generosity).
2. You are expected to have enough shaving materials to make it 30 days without making a purchase.
3. Trades with someone else will be acceptable.

EXCEPTIONS

To those that trudged through August and successfully completed the August Restraint, you will have September 1st to restock and get your ADs out of your system. Try not to treewhale too hard. :lol:

B&B Group Buys or B&B Branded Shaving Items, because some are limited edition and all are good deals. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify (All Non Shaving B&B items are as many as you want :thumbup:). Only 1 shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B!

Sue Moore Auction Items. This is a great cause and we should all try to participate in it if possible.

Perfect for those that failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint :thumbup:

Remember everyone, it can be harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!:a11:

Mods:
We humbly request that you all would leave this in the General shaving forum until September 1st so we can get as many as possible to see this restraint. Thread can be moved to the Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Copy the list and add your name to the bottom. Also feel free to add GRU-MoRO(September) with your number in your signature. Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Ulricus, Kevdogg329
, Abragus, anyone else that wants to assist with this)
1. Ulricus

Last edited:
1. Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95

I failed the August restraint miserably. I hope I complete this one!

Excellent, both of the other leaders decided to join. it might have felt a little awkward otherwise. :p

Thanks Abragus!
And welcome to everyone else too! Don't worry socialjunk95, so did I. We can make it through this!

1. Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1

Lucky number 7. Going to continue the restraints leading up through the fall quarter one, need to burn through this stock!

1. Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1
8. Intransfer

Still in for August. I have enough shaving equipment for many months, no need to buy anything in September.

My wife's been on me to stop buying shaving stuff, so I'm in. Plus I've got all the supplies I need to probably last the next 2-3 months, so I have no excuse I suppose.

1. Ulricus

2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1
8. Intransfer
9. Invictus

Last edited:
I crashed and burned on the August one. Let's see how I can do for September.

1. Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1
8. Intransfer
9. Invictus
10. Freemason

I'm in, tried one last year before I really had any AD's. This year I found out what AD's are, had razor, soap, brush, and aftershave AD, I think it's time to try this restraint thing again...good luck to everyone

1. Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1
8. Intransfer
9. Invictus
10. Freemason

11. jhadsell1883

1.Ulricus
2. kevdogg329
3. abragus
4. bmwgsa
5. Socialjunk95
6. yamaha0343
7. domzals1
8. Intransfer
9. Invictus
10. Freemason
11. jhadsell1883
12. Billy Goatee

I have yet to make a month. Try it again.

Top Bottom