What's new

Reliable place to buy seiko cocktail

Hi folks, I have been looking around for a new watch for a while and for the most amount of time it has been a hamilton, now after seeing it mention on here i quite like the look of the seiko cocktail, i found some on amazon but i was wondering if anything knew reliable sellers which sell to folks in the UK?

Cheers, Gavin.

I bought mine on eBay from a Japanese seller.. I don't think Seiko sells this model outside of Japan. The watch looks even better than the pics.

amazon.co.uk has them listed. Expensive though, I think I paid about 1/2 that for mine, but it was bought for me from a Japanese vendor.

Keithmax is totally correct though, it's even better in the flesh.

That's a nice looking Seiko. I've been lusting after a Grand Seiko for a period of years now, but just haven't got around to buying one yet.

That's a nice looking Seiko. I've been lusting after a Grand Seiko for a period of years now, but just haven't got around to buying one yet.

Me also. I've been reading up loads about them recently as I've just bought a King Seiko from a Japanese ebay seller. I won't get my hands on it for a month, but I'd love a GS as a 'daily beater'.

I'll cosign Seiya - they are tops. I just got my Alpinist in the mail from them, and i purchased my cocktail time from them about a year ago. I also bought a SARB033 at the same time. Both the Alpinist and Cocktail run at about +4/5 per day out of the box. Outstanding watches and fast shipping from Japan.

Edited to add: in pictures, the one thing I didn't realize about the Cocktail Time was just how friggin' big it is. You'd think, as a "cocktail" dress watch that it would be smaller to the eye, even knowing the size, but it really is huge and there are no bezels or inner markings to make it feel smaller (and my wrists aren't tiny). If you have smaller wrists you may want to ask around the net for some pictures of it on the wrist of someone similarly sized as you. I still love mine, but my Alpinist gets the daily wear love because of this reason.

Last edited:
I'll cosign Seiya - they are tops. I just got my Alpinist in the mail from them, and i purchased my cocktail time from them about a year ago. I also bought a SARB033 at the same time. Both the Alpinist and Cocktail run at about +4/5 per day out of the box. Outstanding watches and fast shipping from Japan.

Edited to add: in pictures, the one thing I didn't realize about the Cocktail Time was just how friggin' big it is. You'd think, as a "cocktail" dress watch that it would be smaller to the eye, even knowing the size, but it really is huge and there are no bezels or inner markings to make it feel smaller (and my wrists aren't tiny). If you have smaller wrists you may want to ask around the net for some pictures of it on the wrist of someone similarly sized as you. I still love mine, but my Alpinist gets the daily wear love because of this reason.

Good point about the size of the watch. It doesn't (didn't! :001_rolle) strike me as being a particularly large watch. It is quite a deep watch probably because of the mechanism.

I wore mine this morning, and took a couple of pics which might help with the sizing discussion.

@adriang thanks for the high resolution photos. Beyond the size discussion, it helps to show how the watch face reflects light in subtle and bold ways. Until now I thought there was 1 groove (radius) emanating from the center for each minute on the dial for a total of 60. But now it is clear there are eight for each five minute interval, meaning a total of 96 radiating outward. Makes me wonder how Seiko got those second markings to line up so well on top of that variation. Great looking watch.

Thanks for all the responses folks, seriously considering the seiko cocktail, that being said the hamilton i can get from a local seller so im not sure...

Well, I've decided to buy the Seiko Cocktail Time, just trying to decide which face I want to go with. I pay off my vehicle next month, so after that I'm pulling the trigger :) I'm truly afraid to tally up the money that I've spent on items that this site was the catalyst :lol:

You might want to contact Arizona Fine Time. The Cocktail is intoxicating!

http://www.azfinetime.com/seiko/

For those who are pleasantly surprised by the quality/workmanship of a Grand Seiko, my Grand Seiko SBGR081 (Historical Collection Limited Edition):

$Grand Seiko.jpg

It's based on a 1967 (44GS) model, which became known as the "grammar of design" within the company.

Three Japan based sellers include:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/Spilitmecha.html

http://c-watch.co.jp/ww/

Last edited:
Top Bottom