What's new

The gratitude thread!

'Lo, Gents!

I have been wet shaving for only a month or so and I am totally hooked. I first looked into DE after stumbling across a geofatboy video. I wanted to cut corners on expenses (I'm a public school teacher in one of the worst paying states in the nation). I balked at the price tag for my cartridges.

Although I never had any trouble with cartridges aside from cost, I never realized what a good shave could (should) feel like. I had a rough start with my DE shaving, but after a week or three, I have the hang of it now.

I'm saving money, and best of all, shaving has gone from a laborious chore I speed through in the morning for work to an evening activity I look forward to during the day. I love the way it feels during and after a shave, and I have all of you fine gents to thank.

My EJ89 will last a lifetime and I will keep my mach3 to trim the back of my neck only. I'm hopeful that as I progress in this journey I can help some of you all with my experiences as well.

Best,

~CM

Good post and great observations Chance. You're off to a super start and it just gets better and better. Go out and find some converts.

It is nice to pamper yourself with a good shave, relaxing. But I will say if the addiction bug gets ya, then there is no money saving. ;) I started de shaving to save money and now have over $500 in supplies and dont regret a single purchase because I love the rotation and variety. Welcome to B&B! Great people here, very helpful I've found.

'Lo, Gents!

I have been wet shaving for only a month or so and I am totally hooked. I first looked into DE after stumbling across a geofatboy video. I wanted to cut corners on expenses (I'm a public school teacher in one of the worst paying states in the nation). I balked at the price tag for my cartridges.

Although I never had any trouble with cartridges aside from cost, I never realized what a good shave could (should) feel like. I had a rough start with my DE shaving, but after a week or three, I have the hang of it now.

I'm saving money, and best of all, shaving has gone from a laborious chore I speed through in the morning for work to an evening activity I look forward to during the day. I love the way it feels during and after a shave, and I have all of you fine gents to thank.

My EJ89 will last a lifetime and I will keep my mach3 to trim the back of my neck only. I'm hopeful that as I progress in this journey I can help some of you all with my experiences as well.

Best,

~CM
Thank you for educating our future leaders. What was your turning point for shave success?

Thank you for educating our future leaders. What was your turning point for shave success?

Not chasing after the BBS. Also, if you want to know the truth..even while posting I was done with DE, I couldn't wait to shave each day. I got frustrated when my neck wouldn't work out, but then I got the hang of it.

Getting the hang of blade angle and finally finding TOBS made a huge difference.

Top Bottom