What's new

Liga Privada?

Anyone know where in Phoenix or Tucson I can get my hands on these? I have a couple of the number 9's but I want more and some of the cooler ones lol. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions for some of the other Drew Estates cigar brands that are good (I just picked up an Undercrown)?

are you referring to the flying pig, dirty ratz, uf-13, and l40 as the "cooler ones"? if so its a PITA to find, they don't make many of them, and when they do, they are snatched up pretty quickly. Other liga privada you might want to try that are pretty good that are easier to get are the T52 and papas fritas.

I like herrera esteli which is also made by drew estates. The nica rustica which is also by drew estates is a pretty good smoke too, and on the more budget friendly side at about $6 a stick online.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
are you referring to the flying pig, dirty ratz, uf-13, and l40 as the "cooler ones"? if so its a PITA to find, they don't make many of them, and when they do, they are snatched up pretty quickly. Other liga privada you might want to try that are pretty good that are easier to get are the T52 and papas fritas.

I like herrera esteli which is also made by drew estates. The nica rustica which is also by drew estates is a pretty good smoke too, and on the more budget friendly side at about $6 a stick online.
I preferred the T52 to the UF-13

+1 to this for sure.

Another consideration could be the Kentucky Fire Cured (KFC). The KFC's, if memory serves me, are 30% fire cured, versus the 10% fire curing of the Sam Leccia Blacks.

They're something to try, but, to me, they really have one solid, smokey, note throughout. At the very least, it's something different from Drew Estate and beats the heck out of an Acid, in my humble opinion.

The sizes are fun, too: "Just A Friend", "Fat Molly", and "Chunky".

Hmmm wonder if I could find those. I found a Nica Rustica and some Undercrown's. I already have the Papas Fritas (like 'em but generally end up smoking two). I am just looking for some cool, rare, hyped up stuff I guess. I am fairly new to cigars (or at least in depth cigar smoking) so I am trying a lot of stuff and my cigar shop guy recommended the Number 9's and I enjoyed them.

There is a really good cigar store in Scottsdale, at least there was when I was living in AZ (9 years ago). It was called Churchhill's at one time and I think it changed names to Lonsdale's. They had a HUGE walk in humidor.

FWIW, I prefer the T-9's and the T-52's. I never seem to get my hands on the Flying Pigs or Dirty Rats. The Undercrown line is great too.

Yep, Churchill's is where I go right now. I have been to a couple of the other stores (I was unsure of what to look for when I was at them) but Churchill's has kick *** people (Colton has helped me find some great cigars that I can enjoy and knows how to recommend a ton of stuff not based on just what he likes, but what you would like).

I finally tried the Undercrown last night and I would say it was just alright, not as good as the Liga's I have had. I think honestly as well (just like the shaving stuff and my fountain pen stuff) part of the allure is the chase. These Liga's that seem to be rare are very hard to come by apparently so I really want them bad (because I can't have them of course haha). I'll keep looking and let you guys know if and when I try them.

Top Bottom