What's new

Better Call Saul - Who's anticipating this one?

I watched the first two episodes last night on NetFlix.

The first one was a bit slow, so much so that my bride fell asleep. It did have a great cliffhanger ending though, and I thought the second episode went better.

I was going to watch episode three, but I looked down and realized how late it was getting!

It did seemed like it was a lot cleaner from a language standpoint than I remembered Breaking Bad.

We just finished season 1 on Netflix last night. I think that overall, season one moved slowly, but this was not a bad thing. The characters, especially Bob Odenkirk, kept us watching, and the story develops well in pace with Odenkirk's character without trying to be clever. I like how the characters actions that seem out of place based on what we know from Breaking Bad are thoughtfully developed to show how they think and what leads them to the later decisions they will make; the writers look like they try to avoid the out of the blue revelations that many "clever" TV shows toss in.

Anyways, we're looking forward to Season 2 on AMC.

They had some character and storyline development to do. I didn't think the pace was terrible but probably a bit slow. Hopefully it moves a bit better in season 2.

We just finished season 1 on Netflix last night. I think that overall, season one moved slowly, but this was not a bad thing. The characters, especially Bob Odenkirk, kept us watching, and the story develops well in pace with Odenkirk's character without trying to be clever. I like how the characters actions that seem out of place based on what we know from Breaking Bad are thoughtfully developed to show how they think and what leads them to the later decisions they will make; the writers look like they try to avoid the out of the blue revelations that many "clever" TV shows toss in.

Anyways, we're looking forward to Season 2 on AMC.

They had some character and storyline development to do. I didn't think the pace was terrible but probably a bit slow. Hopefully it moves a bit better in season 2.

I just finished Season 1 also, and I was sad there weren't anymore! I don't have AMC, so I'll have to wait for Season 2 to hit NetFlix in the future.

I agree the pacing was a bit slow on a few of the episodes, but overall, I enjoyed the character development. I especially liked Mike's backstory, and the episode that was pretty much devoted to him.

I am curious if we the show is going to remain centered in the past, or if it will include anything on Saul's present life?

I'm thinking "Slipping Jimmy" is not going to be content working at Cinnabon forever

With the way series move around these days (Fargo, True Detective), Season 2 could be anything from a continuation of Season 1 to a flashback to Jimmy and Chuck in kindergarten or a flash forward to Cinnabon Alumni Reunion 2023.

Jimmy has tried walking from walking the straight and narrow (ish) and walked on the darker wild side. All the while following his own brand of morality. And he's seen what the different approaches got him. So we'll see what his next step is.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Love the latest ad . . . jimmy stops at a 3way intersection . . . to left, stormclouds beckon . . . to the right, sunny skies to the horizon. which way will he go? Straight ahead into the desert . . . and a looming CLIFF. ATTABOY, Jimmy.

Top Bottom