What's new

RIP Robin Williams

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I just heard this. This is such a loss. He was one of my favorite comedians and actors.

Holy crap! This is the first I heard of it. Jeez, that's a kick in the nether regions...I loved him when he was a guest on Letterman back in the day. I'll always remember one night he dropped in to hijack an appearance by Jonathan Winters...great stuff. Looks like my wifely unit and I will be watching "Garp" tonight. The T.S. stands for "Terribly Sad", now I guess.

He was pretty open about fighting depression/whatever else. And, he was trying to get treatment. Shame it didn't end more positively. Seems so out of place for him to have come this far (63) only to slip now. Hopefully he enjoyed most of the time he had with us.

He has a wealth of material and great contributions to the both comedy and acting to leave us with. He will be remembered well.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
It is cliche but the phrase "laughing on the outside, crying on the inside" comes to mind. Mr. Williams was worth 50 million and it just shows, money isn't the key to happiness. Depression doesn't allow one to muster the strength to view one more wonderful sunset. Gripping pain.

It is cliche but the phrase "laughing on the outside, crying on the inside" comes to mind. Mr. Williams was worth 50 million and it just shows, money isn't the key to happiness. Depression doesn't allow one to muster the strength to view one more wonderful sunset. Gripping pain.

It is an insidious disease my friend. Positively insidious.

Depression will kill ya. And suicide is highest and rising among men 45 to 64 years old. (I am not sure why that is the cited aged group.

We probably all need to beware if not for ourselves, for those around us. Any suicide, unless for physical health reasons, is likely to leave an awful lot of pain behind. Who knows what demons he faced.

Very sad.

Top Bottom