What's new

Foods That You Despise

Beets! How could I forget beets? I also hate squash. Squash is literally gag inducing for me. Were I to try and eat it, I don't think it would stay down very long.

My heart goes out to you, to have such a lovely event in your life tainted, by what I call French Haggis

Thanks, but this is definitely worse than haggis. It is supposed to taste like that! The place was renowned for having such delicious andouillette.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I refuse to eat anything with a white/cream sauce.
Not gonna happen! No way. No how!

Because of allergies I am unable to eat anything with peanuts or tree nuts. Pretty much lights out for me.
Everything else is good to go.

My heart goes out to you, to have such a lovely event in your life tainted, by what I call French Haggis
Quelle horreur!

okra, eggplant, liver (pate excepted), kidneys, raw mollusks, escargot, tripe, peanut butter and Mac n cheese.

The last two tested my parenting skills as they were all my fussy kids would eat for years.

Several things -

Canned tuna fish. The smell alone makes me gag. Tuna sushi or grilled tuna steak, on the other hand, is just peachy.
Ama Ebi (raw shrimp?). Vile.
Raw octopus/tako. Anything that I chew twenty times and remove from my mouth that still looks unchewed except for a small dent in a corner is not food.
Sea urchin. Really vile.
An Ecuadorian soup called fonesca. I almost threw up on my host family. Having said that, I was a teenager with very restricted tastes back then, so I may eventually retract this.

Most of mine were already mentioned. Brussels sprouts, pickled beets, lamb, most liver (excepting some patés), sardines, and all squashes.

Only one food qualifies to br called, "despised" and that would be eggnog. Everything else, I'll usually take seconds.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I refuse to eat anything with a white/cream sauce.
Not gonna happen! No way. No how!

Because of allergies I am unable to eat anything with peanuts or tree nuts. Pretty much lights out for me.
Everything else is good to go.

Even biscuits and white gravy?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Several things -

Canned tuna fish. The smell alone makes me gag. Tuna sushi or grilled tuna steak, on the other hand, is just peachy.
Ama Ebi (raw shrimp?). Vile.
Raw octopus/tako. Anything that I chew twenty times and remove from my mouth that still looks unchewed except for a small dent in a corner is not food.
Sea urchin. Really vile.
An Ecuadorian soup called fonesca. I almost threw up on my host family. Having said that, I was a teenager with very restricted tastes back then, so I may eventually retract this.

+1 on the Sea Urchin...even when it's prepared properly at the sushi bar...texture is like coughed up mucus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom