What's new

Rocky Boots Mistake

Hello Gurus of Boots,

I recently bought a pair friend that gets good discounts on Rocky Boots. I already own a great pair from them and got just about the same boot with a steel toe so I can wear them when I work nights on tug boats. Received them and they're great boots with the exception of a major problem. I accidentally ordered a half-size larger than my old boots and they feel quite a bit bigger!
I was wondering if you folks had any tips or tricks on how to make them fit other than wearing two pairs of socks.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I can't return or exchange them because I already took the tags off (rooky mistake).

Have a great day,
Adam

Sounds like a plan - definitely regretting not looking at my old pair of boots.

Thanks fellas

I might see if I can find something to add to the heel to kind of push my foot more forward in the boot. We shall see!

To be honest, if you really did get a good deal on them, you might be better off ordering a new pair and trying to Ebay the ones that are too large. If you're like me, you keep your boots for several years. Having to suffer through years of poorly fitted boots to try and save $50-100 sounds terrible. By all means, if jury rigging works, it works, but the easiest fix is to get a new pair and try and recoup costs on the old. It's not a good deal on the boots if they don't fit you, regardless of the price paid. ;)

I probably wouldn't 'cob' a vital piece of equipment like boots considering the inherent dangers of your profession. Try to sell them to someone else in the biz or use them as yard beaters and get yourself a properly fitted pair of boots.

I always am good at telling others how to spend their hard earned cash. :laugh:

To be honest, if you really did get a good deal on them, you might be better off ordering a new pair and trying to Ebay the ones that are too large. If you're like me, you keep your boots for several years. Having to suffer through years of poorly fitted boots to try and save $50-100 sounds terrible. By all means, if jury rigging works, it works, but the easiest fix is to get a new pair and try and recoup costs on the old. It's not a good deal on the boots if they don't fit you, regardless of the price paid. ;)

Yeah, although I'd hate to have to do that I guess I might as well. Maybe I can stick them here on the BST to see if anyone needs them.

I probably wouldn't 'cob' a vital piece of equipment like boots considering the inherent dangers of your profession. Try to sell them to someone else in the biz or use them as yard beaters and get yourself a properly fitted pair of boots.

I always am good at telling others how to spend their hard earned cash. :laugh:

I've got a pair of shoes I spilled coke on and stepped in poop with - they are now condemned to yard duty. I bought the shoes two weeks ago. Haha. Sheez, I guess I've had some pretty tough luck with my recent shoe/boot purchases!

Top Bottom