What's new

Lets make some honing videos.

No offense to Alex but I like watching his videos... His calm soothing voice makes me think Mr Rogers is educating me on honing :)

I made a video on an ~60x1mm hone last night for a laugh (Small hone so dished I was honing on a corner of the stone). Was pretty fun. Not sure if it turned out.

Just hone- and video it. Then hone some more, and add video. Then decide to hone a little more- with video. Then hone a duck- and make sure to video. Then the next day, set up video and continue honing. Then after that, hone just a little more- with camera rolling.:thumbup1:

On the serious side, I've been watching lots of honing videos. My wife likely thinks they are "other" videos. But they are indeed honing videos. Any new ones would be great and those of us trying to figure it all out sure do appreciate it.

Now you guys get to honing and videoing. Then do some more. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Dan

--Totally tongue in cheek post with all seriousness about how much these things help others. Thanks to all of you as I'm sure you have all helped me and a slew of others in one fashion or another. And thanks ahead of time for taking the time and effort to do a video to help others.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I didnt go through a whole dilucot, I mainly just showed some different strokes you can use on small hones. Circles, x-strokes, heel only circles then toe only circles and half strokes. All work fine. It's about a 5 minute video.

Wow! That was easily one of the best coti vids I've ever seen! The angle and distance from cam(or zoom) was great! It immediately reminded me of a forgotten lesson steve56 said about not griping the coti, but laying it on the hand. I could almost see the pressure by watching your middle finger move. You slurry was very easy to make out in the beginning when it was running down the end. And you continued to do a great job keeping the cam on the slurry with dilutions.

Your laps and strokes are at a level that I hope to be at one day, amazing. Thanks also for showing all the diff types of strokes you use.

Thanks so much for shooting this, I know filming can be a pain to do.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Wow! That was easily one of the best coti vids I've ever seen! The angle and distance from cam(or zoom) was great! It immediately reminded me of a forgotten lesson steve56 said about not griping the coti, but laying it on the hand. I could almost see the pressure by watching your middle finger move. You slurry was very easy to make out in the beginning when it was running down the end. And you continued to do a great job keeping the cam on the slurry with dilutions.

Your laps and strokes are at a level that I hope to be at one day, amazing. Thanks also for showing all the diff types of strokes you use.

Thanks so much for shooting this, I know filming can be a pain to do.
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nice.
I've been having trouble thinking up what to do for a new clip. Prob overthinking it.
Keith

Your videos provide inspiration and relaxation.
One thing I would like to see is some information on what you may be feeling or seeing along the way.
You manage to change things up with your stroke (full X-stroke to toe only, etc.).
So maybe a detail in screen text for the changes you make as that would really put your videos over the top.

Myron

Thanks, cool idea - that might be interesting. I've never used the text tool in iMovie - might be something to check out.

Top Bottom