What's new

Lets make some honing videos.

Where are you guys starting with these razors on your LL's in those videos? I don't think I've ever started Dilucot with a slurry that thin. That's what I'd typically use off a 4k or so stone.

Damn that's a nice LL, David.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Where are you guys starting with these razors on your LL's in those videos? I don't think I've ever started Dilucot with a slurry that thin. That's what I'd typically use off a 4k or so stone.

Damn that's a nice LL, David.
I usually make a thicker slurry. I had another video that was 16 minutes long that wouldn't upload, so I just made this one mainly as a test. Still took an hour to upload. Is that normal?

I usually make a thicker slurry. I had another video that was 16 minutes long that wouldn't upload, so I just made this one mainly as a test. Still took an hour to upload. Is that normal?
I think some camera formats require a long time for youtube to process, but that is a long upload. A 5min video is usually a 3-5min upload for me. You're not on satellite internet are you?

David

I was using the hot spot on my iPhone last night for service..that may be the problem.

David

Actually I enjoyed that one... Very well lit and well done
Thanks man. That was in natural light. I ordered a new light kit that should be in next week..hopefully it will work well for this.

I think it really all depends on your upload speed and the quality of the video. My short 6 min clip uploading in 1080 took around an hour and a half. I think next video I will just upload in 720p. I guess we could screen shot the speeds off speedtest.net and compare speeds :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407910825.964119.jpg
There is the slow upload problem...

I'd say since mine looks like this(this is my phone results that i emailed to myself as i can never get the screenshot to work on this stupid note 2):
$speedtest.jpg

Here is a video I made a few days ago for a member here including the photos of the blade as seen a 600x in the microscope.
The photos show a quick progresson from 2k to finishing with 2 fresh tomonagura slurries. I think that the second slurry added a few larger rogue particles that made those deep scratches seen in the last photo.

Alex

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah great video Alex ... I think this really shows how technique can really overcome the idiosyncrasies of some of the razors out there

Top Bottom