What's new

WSP vs Shavemac

The risk of failure with that recipe is absolutely zero! :thumbup1:
True, but I have failed to use boar brushes since. I call these two brushes the boar killers. The Shavemac D01 knots provide me with everything I loved about my since PIFed boar brushes and then some.

Thanks Gents, these are the opinions I was curious about and has helped me a lot to make up my mind.

I asked Rudy what the best face lathering brush would be and he recommended Shavemac Finest and he is right...I only wish I had gotten it a tad larger...It is not scrubby, but had plenty of backbone. It's just dense enough, but loose enough for great flow-through! It makes mounds of lather! - Be forewarned, though, if you get one you will want another....lol!

I asked Rudy what the best face lathering brush would be and he recommended Shavemac Finest and he is right...I only wish I had gotten it a tad larger...It is not scrubby, but had plenty of backbone. It's just dense enough, but loose enough for great flow-through! It makes mounds of lather! - Be forewarned, though, if you get one you will want another....lol!
LMAO-too true!

Oooo...let us know! I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide between finest or d01.

If you're considering a DO1, unless you like a scrubby brush get it set at a higher loft. I picked up a DO1 3 band at 46 or 47 loft and it's border line almost too scrubby. If I get another DO1, it will be set at least 50 mm, but that's just me, I've got a SOC 24 x 52 and if it was more dense like the DO1 3 band it would be perfect for me. The new Shavemac in finest is supposed to be 23 x 55 in a bulb, if it was a fan then I think 50 mm loft would be great. JMO, like most things shaving related it's very YMMV.

#177 23mm Finest Shavemac, should be here in a few days.

Oooo...let us know! I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide between finest or d01.

Shavemac's Finest knots are a hidden jewel. I have the #177 23mm Finest Shavemac, purchased from West Coast. Reportedly, they are primarily silvertip mixed with a lesser amount of pure. It's soft, but still has plenty of backbone. I like it better than Shavemac silvertip and DO1 3-band.

Shavemac's Finest knots are a hidden jewel. I have the #177 23mm Finest Shavemac, purchased from West Coast. Reportedly, they are primarily silvertip mixed with a lesser amount of pure. It's soft, but still has plenty of backbone. I like it better than Shavemac silvertip and DO1 3-band.
Thanks guys... the thing is people are saying the finest has good backbone but it's not scrubby at all. I want decent scrub, so there I go again leaning towards the D01 3 band.

...and they say if you want a lot of scrub then get the DO1 2 band, the DO1 3 band gives me all the scrub I want, I may never be a candidate for a DO1 2 band

Last edited:
The Shavemac Finest came in yesterday, so I gave it a go this morning with Tabac and it performed grandly. I got the 23x55 bulb, it didn't feel pointy at all like the last bulb I owned. The flow through was fantastic and real soft on the face and enough backbone to get the job done. I'm very impressed with it. If I desire a real scrub then I'll just use the DO1 3 band set at 45 mm loft that's in my den. The only problem I have is I may be addicted to Shavemac brushes :w00t:

The Shavemac Finest came in yesterday, so I gave it a go this morning with Tabac and it performed grandly. I got the 23x55 bulb, it didn't feel pointy at all like the last bulb I owned. The flow through was fantastic and real soft on the face and enough backbone to get the job done. I'm very impressed with it. If I desire a real scrub then I'll just use the DO1 3 band set at 45 mm loft that's in my den. The only problem I have is I may be addicted to Shavemac brushes :w00t:

Very nice!

I like my DO1 3-band and silvertips, but on those morning when I'm not thinking I find myself reaching for the Shavemac 177 finest.

Top Bottom