What's new

What would you rather: Bowl or Face Lather?

Bowl Lather or Face Lather

• Bowl Lather

• Face Lather

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok so you alot of you guys told me if you liked Shaving Creams or Shaving Soaps better, and if you havent heres your chance to weigh in http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/416376-SPILL-THE-BEANS-Soaps-vs-Creams?highlight= but now I want to know for no other reason then wanting to know what people who really know prefer. To lather up in a bowl or face lather, or if you dont know, I am very very new to wet shaving and there just may be other methods some of you guys like in which case I would love enlightened. Tell us how YOU do it!

PS Just like in the other poll your answer will be kept confidential.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I face lathered for 20 years with a Burma Shave brush and mug. I didn't know that was what it was called or that my brush was boar until I joined B&B. I have since bowl lathered much more than face lathering so I voted bowl.

When I first started here, I bowl lathered exclusively. I tried face lathering, just to see if I would like it, and haven't bowl lathered since.

I face lather more, but I bowl lather with creams.
The reason I face lather is I rather the ticker soap directly on the face from the brush, when you bowl lather it thins out a bit and is more foamy.
so im like:
90% face
10% bowl

I bowl lather exclusively. I build up my lather from a dab of cream, or I gather enough hard soap on my brush to transport it into the bowl for lathering. I really like my bowl, and I love how I can keep a close eye on my lather production. I can add a drop more water or a dab more of product as needed. I don't feel like I have the same control if I build my lather on my face.

Of course, when I apply my lather to my face, my brush does spend some time working in the lather.

Top Bottom