What's new

Debating a TWSBI - have they fixed the cracking issue? Or go with a Lamy?

I have both a 540 (amber) and a 580 - both with very nice custom stub nibs(A B and a 1.1) on loan from a pen pal on FPN who runs a TWSBI loaner program. I would buy one in a heart beat. I have been using it (a LOT) since it arrived on 10/29.....

I've been thinking about getting the 580AL. I have a mini that I haven't had any issues with so far. It is only about a month old though.

Ive never had a problem with cracking issues on any of my TWSBI's. Ive also never had cracking issues on any of my Lamys. However, the TWSBI feed is fragile. The tines are very thin and bend and brake off very easily. The tines on a LAMY nib are below the surface. Your fingers aren't going to accidentally press into them. You can very easily take off a TWSBI nib with out breaking the tines, but if you accidentally grab it wrong this is what you'll do $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417203762.695712.jpg

I have almost officially given up on the TWSBI, generally because I have a Prera in fine (which I assume would be a TWSBI in EF) which works very nicely.

Top Bottom