What's new

Blades Grim Smolder Soap

I will admit I wanted this soap because of the Grim Reaper on the tin. LOL. When I first opened the tin, I was almost put off by the concentrated smell. It smelled like Patchouli infused cologne at first. I let the soap sit open in my medicine cabinet overnight. By this morning the scent had mellowed out a bit and was starting to grow on me. After my shower, I attacked the soap with my brush and the soap literally exploded in lather. It was good slick and thick lather too. By the end of the shave, I was able to pick out the scents of Orange Peel, Mandarin, Coriander Leaves, and Star Anise. I wonder if the concentrated Anise and Coriander scents tricked my nose into thinking I was smelling Patchouli.

It was a great shave and I will definitely use the soap quite a bit from here on out. Stay tuned for my upcoming review of Blades Grim Reaper. Will try it on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got a patchouli scent, or orange peel, or anything like that. I get a sweet, vanilla/marshmallow/spice and just a touch of smoke. I enjoy it, but it is strong no doubt. Funny how everyone's nose picks up something different.

The soap is a very good performer for sure.

Like Christopher, I also get a Vanilla/Marshmallow type scent, but I am really terrible about identifying scents. I like it a lot, but it's a little too sweet for me for regular use. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

So I purchased a newish tin of this off the bst. I too was expecting wet oak moss, dank earth, tobacco overtones, and a dark soap. When I got, it smells like coconut sun tan oil. Ok. So yesterday I decided to try to transfer it over to my old barber mug. I created a disaster. This stuff is thick and pastey like ball bearing grease. So I am letting it sit out a few days in the hopes it will firm up to something I can mug lather. It seems slick enough as it took forever to rinse it off my hands. I will report back when it firms up and I have a chance to put a brush to it.

Top Bottom