What's new

Anyone into custom folders? Let's see em.

Haven't seen many custom folders around here and didn't knowing anyone here was into that kind of thing. Me personally, I love them. Something about them being completely handmade intrigues me. I have made a few fixed blades in my day but never a folder. I'd love to try it someday though.

My two main EDC's.

Serge Panchenko EDC - my favorite. Very slim, lightweight, and smooth as butter.

3" CPM 154 blade
Ti scale and frame
Micarta backspacer

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407592750.184221.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407592758.967616.jpg

Jonathan Mcnees Dixon

3.25" 1095 blade with a hamon on captive bearings
Copper pivot collar and backspacer
Ti scale and frame

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407592881.331777.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407592907.406866.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407592921.528155.jpg

Nice pics! I really like that Dixon - style, size, craftsmanship and it looks like it just "feels right" in the hand. I had the custom folder habit and got into it thinking I could persuade myself to just buy a few - that it would help cure me of my firearm fixation. Not so....
My favorite custom folder is a Sniper Bladeworks. I will post a pic later.

Nice pics! I really like that Dixon - style, size, craftsmanship and it looks like it just "feels right" in the hand. I had the custom folder habit and got into it thinking I could persuade myself to just buy a few - that it would help cure me of my firearm fixation. Not so....
My favorite custom folder is a Sniper Bladeworks. I will post a pic later.

Yeah I sold almost all my straights and hones when I got into them. They are very addicting because you really don't know if a knife feels good in the hand and is just right unless you buy it. Not like you can go to a knife store and handle them. Makes for a very expensive habit.

I've had a few SBW knives. A DH and a mini LPC both had beautiful hamons. Don't know that I still have pics of them though.

Here is a couple by my buddy Randy Haas:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow! Jim that's gorgeous. Ebony bolsters? Who's Damascus is it?

Edit: duh never mind. The name didnt ring a bell till I thought about it for a second. HHH. He makes some beautiful Damascus. I love his crazy lace and feather blanks.

Last edited:
Great knives everyone...some of them look familiar, any USN members here?

Here is one of my favorites, a Carrilo Tripwire

Top Bottom