What's new

Virgin Island Bay Rum

Pulled the trigger on the Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave, got it home, cracked the seal opened the bottle put it up to my nose and thought I had just cracked open a bottle of captain morgan's spiced rum. Dont think I will be using this. Kinda bummed.

Its very spicy, cinnamon smelling.

I could see maybe splashing a bit on around Christmas time but way to spicy for this spicy weather.

IMO

Revisit it in the Fall, but I use bay rums year round.

I might try to wear it one time just to see if that liqueur smell goes away. :a54: In its defense I enjoyed the smell more as time passed. Plus, the liqueur smell may not be just the aftershave. ;-)

And, im super new so my opinion above may be unjust. That can probably be determined by my sub 200 post status. Im new and really dont know what I like and dont yet. Listening to me would be like the blind leading the blind. LMAO

Other bay rums are less "spicy". Ogallala gets lots of love 'round here, as does (my favorite and a year-rounder) Captain's Choice (original, for me).

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Try it, often, it's different once it hit your skin. If you don't like the scent, rinse your face with water and put another one.

I have read other comments about VIBR which remarked on how it stings. I mean, really stings. I have a bottle but am afraid to try it.

The sting of VIBR doesn't bother me, it's that my wife thinks I smell like a Christmas ham! Too much cinnamon ...

I'm in the give it a try a couple of times. AS scents are always a combination of what's in the bottle plus your own skin chemistry. As others have said, the dry down scent is almost always something different.

One suggestion that I picked up from Mick (Turtle) is to add a few drops of glycerin, say about 4-6 drops per ounce of any Pinaud or Clubman aftershave to help make it more moisturizing.

VIBR is heavy on the cloves but still a classic bay rum!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 209
Good times! You guys are great. I will be taking a splash in the VIBR today after my shave, I gotta see how it smells on my skin after it dries like a bunch of you mentioned above. Will report back.

Top Bottom