What's new

Wade and Butcher meat cleaver ?'s

Interesting coffin! Looks made to hang on a nail.
$uploadfromtaptalk1407865485777.jpg

It's mine. The lady had a run on razors during the last week and jacked the price up since then. Ramen for awhile!

Will do, Chris! I think they're in decent shape. No cracks or chips, just alot of filth. The hinge pin is remarkably tight. The pin faces have seen better days.

Wow super nice pic up. I love that thing and the thumb notch adds a special little touch. If the scales are horn (hard to tell) rubbing some oil on them should clean them right up!

Easily worth going back for! I really love those W&B choppers, though. That one is a style I've been looking to pick up myself for a long time now. Congrats. I can't wait to see after restore pics on that baby!

I pulled the scales last night and started in on the blade. It looks like someone touched it up on a grinder at some point, terrible scratches on the wedge faces. 100 grit didn't even put a dent in them. Not deep scratches though, probably just hard steel. I trued up the edges of the tang with a small jewelers file. Need to true up the nose a bit. Will have to look into getting some belts for my sander to make things a little easier!

I pulled the scales last night and started in on the blade. It looks like someone touched it up on a grinder at some point, terrible scratches on the wedge faces. 100 grit didn't even put a dent in them. Not deep scratches though, probably just hard steel. I trued up the edges of the tang with a small jewelers file. Need to true up the nose a bit. Will have to look into getting some belts for my sander to make things a little easier!

For sure no belt sander unless it's a knife grinder used in knife making ... Also those scratches were probably from a regrind of some sort

Top Bottom