What's new

Finally tried A Shark Blade.

When I Started DE shaving about a year ago, I purchased a sampler pack and used about a third of the pack before settling on Astra Sp's as my go to, no irritation Blades. I decided I was going to give some of the blades in the pack a chance now that I have my Technique down and more skill then when I started.

I decided to try the Shark Super Chrome blade for today's shave. I grabbed my '63 SuperSpeed as it's pretty mild figured it might be a good fit for the blade to feel it out. I was using TOBS Rose as My Cream, and whipped it up with the B&B Gold Flake Boar Brush, for after shave I decided to go with Nivea Sensitive to they and keep the Rose scent lasting.

I did minimal face prep. No shower, just some warm warm splashes to wet 4 days worth of growth. I lathered up and proceeded to give it a go. I had some tugging at the beginning, but I could attribute that to a Fresh blade or lots of growth with a mild razor. Once I got to the second pass it started getting better, and by third pass I was going AGT on my trouble spot on my neck. I can never seem to get that spot BBS. Today was different the Shark achieved that for me. :thumbup:

The Shark IMO is a little sharper than the Astras but just under Feathers. I like this blade. I will give it a few more tries in different razors. I would recommend this blade to try if you haven't, I was pleasantly surprised. I may have to add it into my blade rotation with the Astras.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 221
I've had decent luck with Shark SS, but for some reason, the SC version does not work for me. Glad they work for you though, these can be had super cheap.

I have some Sharks in my blade box that have been there for awhile, now I am going to have to give them a try. Thanks

I tried one this morning for the first time. seemed to tug a little more than comfortable for me but going to give it a second try tomorrow just to see before making judgment.

I've had decent luck with Shark SS, but for some reason, the SC version does not work for me. Glad they work for you though, these can be had super cheap.

Same here, the plain SS are right up there close to the top of my list with the Supermax Platinums and Personna Lab Blues, but I didn't enjoy the Shark Chrome version.

Cheers, Paul

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I tried both the versions. Not very good for me. Cheap and cool wrapping, but the performance isn't something to write home about.
A lot of better cheap blades out there.

R

rw3cja

I tried one this morning for the first time. seemed to tug a little more than comfortable for me but going to give it a second try tomorrow just to see before making judgment.

Same here. Got a much more comfortable shave with Astras, although Sharks do seem a little sharper.

I think my opinion of the Shark SS blades is comparable to others' opinions on the Feather blades; sharp but rough, and shortlived.

I never tried the SC blades, but the SS are not my favourites. They are sharp enough, but lack smoothness for me.

YMMV, as always!

A lot of folks on here seem to consider Sharks a pedestrian blade and only give it a lukewarm reception. For me, Sharks and Astras are my go to blades and I have over 100 of each on hand.

For me, Sharks and Astras are my go to blades and I have over 100 of each on hand.

I believe that, since both Shark SS and Astra SP blades performed similarly for me. In my case, not good.
But if you like one, I am not surprised that you like the other too.

I used a shark ss the last couple of days(first time using one) and found them to be decent. Not the smoothest blade but the seemed pretty sharp.

I agree. Shark SS are sharp enough for me, but plenty smooth. I ordered a hundred of both the Sharks and the Astra SPs. Best of the cheaper blades. Until I get good enough to make finer, reliable distinctions I see no reason to spend more on other brands.

The Shark SC are ok - not the best nor worst. I do not have any more but I will buy a tuck or two because I enjoy participating in B&B Shark Week.

My blade of choice is the Personna Lab Blue, but close second for me is the Shark Super Chrome. They always give me at least 5 close, comfortable shaves per blade.

Top Bottom