What's new

Gillette Slim Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

Wizamet was a communist era manufacturer so they were just churned out. In 1992 they were bought out by Gillette and all remaining production was moved to Russia. As for the base metal I will take a look at some of my damaged ones in the morning, I'm guessing brass with nickel plate. To be honest most of the wizamets I find have very little damage to the head, it's always the plastic handle that shows wear, or more strangely, melt damage??
You know what I'd do with one of those?....ya, this could get interesting, I don't think you're ready for this..."custom exotic hardwood handle retrofitted to the adjustable head" :eek:

Love it, love it , love it! I know what I'll be busy with this weekend. Oh wait, I need one of those sonic jewlery cleaners. Sooo, I now what I'll be busy doing next weekend.

Here's 100 after ultrasonic cleaning and a light polish[emoji3]
$uploadfromtaptalk1407454724690.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1407454736295.jpg

Nice job, Captain. I wish I were as handy as you. If I did this most likely I would drop one of the small parts and lose it. :w00t:

Especially small spring loaded parts which have a way of launching themselves into space and rebounding from walls and furnishings like jet propelled pin balls coming to rest in the most dark and inaccessible places.

Excellent video of the process. :thumbup: I only have a one quibble, really, but not with the disassembly/reassembly process. The Slim's adjustment mechanism is exactly the same as the standard Fatboy's. The guard plate is not what does the adjusting as you say in the video. The adjustment plate rides up and down on top of the indexed ring, and this is what raises the blade up away from the guard plate and causes the silo doors to clamp down on it higher up. If you want to see this for yourself, just hold the adjustment plate flush up against the bottom of the guard plate with your thumb while you dial the ring all the way down to 1. You'll see the ring drops away but nothing else about the head changes, and you can then move the adjustment plate down to sit flush with the top of the ring, which is what happens when you lock the doors down.

Great thread Captain.
Thank you, Alex.

That's one great video. Thanks for contributing that expertise to the community here.
It's the least I can do:thumbup1:
What an awesome job you've been doing with these.
The super adjustable must be next!
Doing my best here! Super Adjustable eh? :blink:
Excellent video of the process. :thumbup: I only have a one quibble...
Aye, you sir are correct! When I made this determination, I did so with the razor closed and locked down while I turned the adjustment knob. It does seem as though the blade bed plate moves up and down when really it is the rest of the head assembly that is moving. Thank you for pointing this out! My apologies on the Juvenile wet-shaver assumption Gentlemen:blush: I am learning with y'all:biggrin:

Top Bottom