What's new

Need help restoring 'unknown' barber chair

I've been tasked to refurbish/restore this barber chair and I do not have a clue about where to begin... :blink: The chair is a gift that will now be used in a tattoo shop, however I assume the pneumatic's/hydraulics are not doing to well. Is there any possibility there's a maintenance manual available or at least some information on where to start.

Any help will be highly appreciated. I'd hate to have to dump something so special purely because I cannot fix it... :blushing: $P1150127 (Copy).jpg$P1150121 (Copy).jpg$P1150122 (Copy).jpg$P1150123 (Copy).jpg$P1150124 (Copy).jpg

Well, it turns out it's not a barber chair at all... I read a few threads here and searched 'Antique Dentist Chairs' and would you know... Now just to figure how who built it...

$Vintage_Dentist_Chair_ac039a075b-1.jpg$5126302830_33312f5e1b_z.jpg$dental-chair2.jpg

Must be difficult one, no responses???

1. Back and seat to be re-upholstered
2. Strip, sandblast and powder coat
3. Repair hydraulics/pneumatics
4. Polish/clean name badge
5. Hopefully... Assemble as original

Just really need a manual of sorts...

Last edited:
If I could just figure out who manufactured this chair, maybe the year as well... It would then make it a lot easier (well I hope) to find a manual or servicing instructions.

One step closer... Here's a reply I received from Greg @ The American Throne Company... "Yes, that is a model A Ritter with an after market footrest. Unfortunately, there is only a user manual and it is no help on parts or components. It simply tells you where to add the oil. Getting parts is a challenge sometimes. Be careful with the paint. Obviously it has been spray painted but if the original paint is still underneath it is lead based (heavily) It is an ingenious puzzle".

Top Bottom