What's new

Traveling Ink Box

I remember tightening all the bottle lids really tight before shipping. The Omas was a nearly new bottle. The Private Reserve was Tanzite.

No worries there was still half a bottle left. Small hiccup, I won't be able to get this out till this fri or sat. I already PMed mikechu about it already to give
Him a heads up. Sorry for the delay guys.

Removing Malache - current list:

dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA (pending receipt from Boris)
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA
Jut - Illinois

I'll take a spot on the list. I'm in NE PA and in absolutely no hurry.

Might be a good idea to start taping the bottlecaps, like when shipping aftershaves... :001_huh:

LouSee is added to the list. Note: not in any order.

dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA (pending receipt from Boris)
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA
Jut - Illinois
LouSee - PA

Ink box is now in my possession!

I don't intend to keep it too long, but I have plenty of choices. Something may have leaked though, so let me find it and figure out what happened.

Editing: might have been residual ink left in the bottom from the previous ink spillage at Boris's place. Bottles look OK but I'm going through them now. I'll clean it up.

Last edited:
Current inventory in the Box:

PR Ebony Green
Diamine Jet Black
Namiki Blue
Lamy Blue-Black (is this iron-gall?)
Waterman Intense Black
J. Herbin Perle Noire
Noodler's Widow Maker Red
Noodler's White Whale
Chelpark Violet
Visconti Brown
Noodler's Benelovent Badger Blue
Diamine Burnt Sienna
PR Shoreline Gold

Samples of: De Atramentis Caesar Augustus, Architekt Antique Pink, and one other (looks like Ku-Jaku)

Please verify if everything is what it portends to be.

I'm boring. I picked out the Namiki Blue and the Waterman Black. In exchange I put in:

30ml bottles of Diamine Claret and Aqua Lagoon
80ml bottle of Pelikan 4001 Brown
15 or so standard cartridges of Diamine Sapphire Blue
10 samples of varying inks, mostly from Goulet

The box will go to Go West Young Man, unless someone else pipes up and asks for the box next.

Ink box is now in my possession!

I don't intend to keep it too long, but I have plenty of choices. Something may have leaked though, so let me find it and figure out what happened.

Editing: might have been residual ink left in the bottom from the previous ink spillage at Boris's place. Bottles look OK but I'm going through them now. I'll clean it up.

oh crap....sorry mike, I thought i got it all.

I'm boring. I picked out the Namiki Blue and the Waterman Black. In exchange I put in:

15 or so standard cartridges of Diamine Sapphire Blue
10 samples of varying inks, mostly from Goulet

The box will go to Go West Young Man, unless someone else pipes up and asks for the box next.

Heyheyhey - I already sent you the $$$ for shipping. Everyone else get back in line :)

:lol:

Okay. All bottles have their caps sealed with electrical tape and put into bubble wrap and (mostly) labeled plastic bags. Box is packed.

Should go out to GWYM tomorrow once I reinforce the box with a little more tape.

If it gets here tomorrow, I'll try to get it back out to the next guy on Thursday - we're going to Yosemite for a long weekend and I don't want to sit on it that long!

Done. This box gets around a lot faster than a lot of the other pass-arounds I see. I figured I wouldn't get it for months. :thumbup1:

Looking forward to getting it. I hope I have something decent to put in it... it seems like everybody has been putting in a lot more than they take out. Maybe I'll be that guy that empties it and puts in a couple cartridges. :tongue_sm

Yeah, no worries on the packing, it took me almost 15 minutes to get everything unpacked, unwrapped and laid out on the table for inspection.
Re-wrapping everything took twice as long :)
The box is on it's way to MN now, and should get there by late next week. I hope Brent enjoys it, there are some really great inks in there.

I tried to put a good variety of inks back in to replace the ones I took - Lierre Sauvage is a beautiful shaded green, just a bit light for my tastes.
Quink Blue is a timeless classic American ink that everyone should at least try. 5 O'clock Shadow is B+B's custom ink from a few years ago, a very cool black/green that really shades differently in each pen and on each paper, you never know how much black or how much green is going to come out!

I forgot to inventory everything before packing the box, but this should be the current list:

Handful of samples of varying inks, mostly from Goulet, plus a few random cartridges.
Diamine Jet Black
Namiki Blue
Waterman Intense Black
Noodler's Widow Maker Red
Noodler's White Whale
Chelpark Violet
Visconti Brown
Diamine Burnt Sienna
PR Shoreline Gold
J Herbin Lierre Sauvage
Noodlers 5 O'Clock Shadow
Quink Washable Blue
Samples of: De Atramentis Caesar Augustus, Architekt Antique Pink, and one other (looks like Ku-Jaku)

PS - that White Whale was really tempting, but I just can't figure out when I'd use a bright white ink!

Depends on how old the bottle is. Lamy changed formulations a couple years ago. I can't remember if they print dates on the bottles or boxes and I'm not home this week to look at mine. It looks like coyotewhisperer added it so if he knows how old it is, that would

Unfortunately, when they changed their formulation, they kept the bottle & box the same. Unlike MB, who changed the packaging.

Top Bottom