What's new

Traveling Ink Box

I picked out; the Noddler's Rome is Burning, Legal Lapis, Walnut, Diamine Steel Blue.
Replaced it them with; PR Tanzanite, Shoreline, 3 Ink Samples, Visconti Brown, Lamy Blue, J Herbin Perle Noir, Waterman Blue, Omas Blue,
Chelpark Violet,Powdered Ink.

Wow! That's quite a selection you're adding to the box! I hope you like the Legal Lapis. It's a great color, but I just don't use it often. Same goes for Diamine Steel Blue. No idea why I didn't use it more.

-Andy

Just my personal opinion, but it might be a good idea to get a list of people who want to participate so that someone doesn't get overlooked, if this takes off and a lot of people want to be a part of it.

New rule (#12... in addition to the rules in the original post... read those if you haven't):

If you have the box (starting with Boris): Choose someone geographically close to you from the following list and work out sending the ink to them via PM. Remember, the person receiving the box pays for shipping (Rule #1). Copy the list, strike the receiving party's name off the list, then post the updated list. While you have the box, add anyone who expresses interest in this thread to the list.

Boris - CA
Malache - AL
dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX

Ooo! Ooo! Me too!

Northern California/ Bay Area here. If there is anyone local we can even do s physical handoff.

Oh, you'd hate all this ink nonsense! (I kid, I kid)

Boris - CA
Malache - AL
dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA

I'm in! Updating the list:

Boris - CA
Malache - AL
dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA
Jut - Illinois

So, maybe the box should travel around to all of you West Coast guys first, then head down through TX and AL to FL. Hopefully, some east coast guys will join up and I can send it up through them to midwest and then the north/northwest guys? Or we could circle around the other way? Either way is fine with me, I'd just rather not get it from CA and then send it back to CA.

well there was two bottles that look like they couldnt handle anymore travelling so I opted to take those. Here is a pic of everything out of the box. I didnt open any of the other ones.

I'm going to guess one is omas blue (looked like it was brand new in box, but the box was soaked with ink, so i just tossed the box) The other looks like a private reserve bottle, but the label was completely soaked through and just came off as I cleaning the bottle and couldnt tell what it was, but it is a purple colored ink. My hands looks like what I assume james' normally looks like....hazmat needed. :lol:

I put in a private reserve ebony green and also a noodlers benevolent badger blue.

$photo 1 (6).jpg$photo 2 (6).jpg

I remember tightening all the bottle lids really tight before shipping. The Omas was a nearly new bottle. The Private Reserve was Tanzite.

Top Bottom