What's new

Burts Bees Tomato Toner as AS

My wife bought this as a face toner, and didn't like it. I read the ingredients and saw it had glycerine, so I decided to give it a whirl.

This stuff is awesome as an aftershave. Feels real slick and moisturizing, with a hint of burn to tighten things up a bit.

I love the scent too. It smells just like vine ripe tomatoes, with a little bit more of the vine smell then the tomato.

Only downside is the opening at the top is meant to be used with a cotton ball as it is just a wide open bottle top. I simply pour a palmfull and splash it on.

here is the list of ingredients. Anything that would not be good to use as an aftershave?

Ingredients: water, alcohol denat., glycerin, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, carum petroselinum (parsley) extract, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, fragrance

proxy.php

I recently acquired this on a recommendation.

It smells just like a Bloody Mary, and would pair well with a fried-egg-and-bacon cream or soap.

I haven't used it as an AS but was thinking about it.

It's indicated for oily/normal skin, so I suspect it may be a tad drying and possibly irritating as an AS, but Burt's also make a Rosewater/Glycerine toner which may just do the trick.

Top Bottom