What's new

Newbies, would you recommend B&B to friends?

I recommend B&B to online acquaintances.
I don't mention it to real life people in case they figure out how much time I spend here.

Not sure ... I think that newbies outside of America are better served with a local forum. Many of the products recommended here are not available outside of Northern America. And many products available where they would live are largely unknown to the American shavers.

Prerequisite of course is the existence of a local forum, which is fulfilled in most European countries, but I'm not so sure in other parts of the world.

This. I usually recommend a UK forum and B&B.

I certainly would, guess I have indirectly (to my wife, who chuckles at the degree of attention I pay to such things), but I'm new enough to this that I haven't really started proselytizing yet :001_smile

Maybe they need a little friendly intro and persuasion.

Unfortunately, everyone I work with/friends are a younger generation and consider wetshaving to be a "hipster" thing. I've explained why I'm into DE/straights, the benefits, and the hobby aspect, but the usual response is that it's a hipster thing or that it's too much work.

Damn hipsters ruining the good stuff in life.

Last edited:
I just did today, a friend of mine has started shaving with a straight and I told him what a great resource this place was.

I would and will if I can find anyone in my remote area interested. At this point I am the only one I know interested. I even tried talking to two local barbers about shaving with my straight and the man that has a well used strop hanging off the side of his chair and knew a decent bit about the quality of my razor told me that he doesn't do straight shaves and only did it to pass the exam 28 years ago. Seemed odd to me as I was told he did them. The other one that does actually do tthem told me flat out "don't do it". Must be a trade secret.

Unfortunately, everyone I work with/friends are a younger generation and consider wetshaving to be a "hipster" thing. I've explained why I'm into DE/straights, the benefits, and the hobby aspect, but the usual response is that it's a hipster thing or that it's too much work.

Damn hipsters ruining the good stuff in life.

You may have to do a demonstration.

Top Bottom