What's new

NFL: I Need a New Team

For personal reasons I have abandoned the New York Jets after 40 years of faithful misery, I just can't let this years actions slide though. So I'm in the market for a new franchise to root for. I'm leaning towards the Chiefs, mostly because they are fairly close, one state away, and I have a cousin who works on their film staff. Looking for suggestions and your reasons why I should join your fan base. Oh, you gamblers out there should probably put money down on the Jets to win it all now that they won't be my team anymore:tongue_sm
Extra bonus for the Chiefs is that I could score free tickets from my cousin should I choose to make the 6 hour drive.
Going against the grain here:

A few years ago for various reasons, I decided to take an NFL hiatus and have not looked back. I discovered there are many and more interesting things I like to do on weekends besides watching the NFL, things that take me away from the anxiety and stress of day to day life and make me a happier and healthier person. No knock against NFL fans or how people choose to spend their precious free time, but if you feel like breaking a 40 year bond with your team, take the opportunity to make a real change and try going "dry." Take a long walk in the woods or indulge in something you enjoy each Sunday instead of watching NFL games.

Root for the Patriots.

Twice a year they will punish the NY team that caused you so much angst over so many years.

:w00t:

Going against the grain here:

A few years ago for various reasons, I decided to take an NFL hiatus and have not looked back. I discovered there are many and more interesting things I like to do on weekends besides watching the NFL, things that take me away from the anxiety and stress of day to day life and make me a happier and healthier person. No knock against NFL fans or how people choose to spend their precious free time, but if you feel like breaking a 40 year bond with your team, take the opportunity to make a real change and try going "dry." Take a long walk in the woods or indulge in something you enjoy each Sunday instead of watching NFL games.

This is a great thought. I do watch the New Orleans games most weekends. However, if they are not playing or if I would rather be in the woods I do that instead. Don't miss it that much and my son loves going hunting with me.

They did indeed. The Bears and the Sooners both had one loss that season, both lost to Miami and both won the championship. That was another reason I was temporarily fond of the bears, and how could you not love The Fridge?

His Super Bowl touchdown...will be with me forever as a moment in history!

I have been a faithful Cincinnati Bengals fan for many years, so I feel your pain (except more-so, because at least the Jets have won a championship in their history).

Are you JETS by birth, by geography or by choice?
If the first two, then sorry, you are stuck with them. Other teams will check the stamps in your passport and your DNA to determine.

If the latter, this is an excellent year to hitch to the Eagles wagon. Sure, they'll never win the Big One, but it will be fun to watch for a few years. (and let's face it, the rest of the NFC East is awful. (Sorry Salvador))

I say stick with the Jets, just because I value loyalty, even if it is a little demoralizing at times. Otherwise, +1 for Philly. I was raised in AZ before the Cards were here, so I became a fan by choice, but a loyal fan for life.

Are you JETS by birth, by geography or by choice?
If the first two, then sorry, you are stuck with them. Other teams will check the stamps in your passport and your DNA to determine.

If the latter, this is an excellent year to hitch to the Eagles wagon. Sure, they'll never win the Big One, but it will be fun to watch for a few years. (and let's face it, the rest of the NFC East is awful. (Sorry Salvador))

Don't go for the Chiefs. Andy will let you down, because he always does. Remember last year?

As an Eagles fan, I'll second that advice...

Easy call

proxy.php

Go for the Jaguars - young, up-and-coming team, enthusiastic coach, an owner with the coolest mustache, pools in the stadium and the biggest scoreboards in the world!

Well for Pete's sake don't try to jump on the bandwagon of my beloved Browns, we are headed for a .500 season and I will not tolerate bandwagoners!

I'm just kidding, jump in if you want your misery to come with cute nicknames like "the drive" and "the fumble" and "the Weeden got TRAPPED under the flag".

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You can forget the Cowboys, they have enough fans around here as it is, and I refuse to be a part of the mass delusion that Romo is an elite QB.

Yes, do not go down that road. I watch Cowgirl games (live in DFW) to actively root for their failure. I am a lifelong Steelers fan- not because they are the winningnest team since the merger, but because I was born 50 miles from P Town, and have an uncle that lives there. I spent many a Sundays at the uncles watching Bradshaw, Lambert and crew. Plus, they are consistent- I was born in 68, and they have had THREE coaches in that time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh man, there's no way I could go back to the Sanchez nightmare! I did have a Ron Jaworski football back in the day though.
I've always been a bit of a closet Chargers fan, I suppose I could try them out full time. My wife and daughter are in San Diego right now, I bet they could get me a hat. My wifes a devoted Bronco fan, she'd probably get me a pink one with a flat bill.

SD would be a fine choice- at least you can relate a bit there. That Rivers kid is going to prove himself one day.

Top Bottom