What's new

BL Discussion for August: Your dream custom pipe

I'm inspired by the '14 LE pipe to propose this discussion.

If you could go absolutely bonkers with money, what would your dream pipe be (material, stem, mount, shape, size, etc, etc...)? I'm going to need a nice night of dreaming before I put mine down in writing though.

Fire away with your dreams!

I would want this pipe time west pipe.

$IMAG0283.jpg

but i would want the bowl of black morta and a shank with the same material on this pipe http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/detail.asp?product_id=DD113

and then have the bowl lined with meerschaum

My dream pipe would be a custom smooth finish Cherrywood or bent Bulldog shape by Fikri Baki, about a group 5 size, with a silver spigot mount Cumberland stem and silver rim cap, if I'm dreaming might as well put silver hinges & latch on the case too, sadly Fikri Baki doesn't do custom work. :a36:

I've always kind of wanted one of those ridiculous Japanese pipes that are like modern art... especially the ones that have bamboo in them. If you could somehow make that into a Morta, I'd have my dream pipe.

I haven't been smoking a pipe for that long, but I've always wanted a large calabash pipe with a meerschaum insert and vulcanite stem. The iconic Sherlock Holmes pipe.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
My dream pipe is a Kei'Ichi Gotoh Speared Fish. If money were no object I would have one.

Other than that I go on these tangent where I become obsessed with a certain style of pipe. Usually it passes, but it's fun to think about. My current obsession would be a meerschaum carved Caviler sitter with a morta cap on the bottom of the stem.

There are too many dream pipes for me to list, but there's one that stands out a little more than the others. I still regret not pulling the trigger on that Sabina Santos Rhodesian Churchwarden that was posted on here a while back.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
_My dream pipe would not necessarily be made of exotic components or of an eye-catching design. I've always liked understated elegance. My dream pipe would be more about function. Smokes cool and dry, a perfect draw, easy to maintain and hangs effortlessly from the jaw. A full or 3/4 bent with beautiful wood and a Cumberland stem and medium sized would probably do the trick.

My dream pipe currently is a black sandblasted Peterson 999 rosslare spigot. Ideally I'd like a well defined squat rhodesian with sandblasted rustication below the lines. Dark stain with the blast and a light shiny finish above the line to show the amazing Grain. Add to that an amber stem and possibly a metal spigot and I'm as giddy as can be.

You would think the LE pipe this year fit that bill for me, but for whatever odd reason, as pretty as it is, is just not as appealing to my personal tastes as I had hoped. Bummer for me.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A Morta shaped exactly like the 2014 LE pipe. Oh, and a matching one made out of Meerschaum. I dig the shape.

_My dream pipe would not necessarily be made of exotic components or of an eye-catching design. I've always liked understated elegance. My dream pipe would be more about function. Smokes cool and dry, a perfect draw, easy to maintain and hangs effortlessly from the jaw. A full or 3/4 bent with beautiful wood and a Cumberland stem and medium sized would probably do the trick.
You stated exactly what I would like mine to be, too.

Top Bottom