What's new

NB Scent loss?

I was looking forward to a shave with my favourite Nancy Boy cream this morning, until I opened the tub and found that the delightful signature scent had bee replaced by, nothing. No scent what so ever. I have had the cream for a couple of months now, but surely the scent shouldn't have gone so quickly? Anyone else experience similiar problems with NB?

AJS said:
I was looking forward to a shave with my favourite Nancy Boy cream this morning, until I opened the tub and found that the delightful signature scent had bee replaced by, nothing. No scent what so ever. I have had the cream for a couple of months now, but surely the scent shouldn't have gone so quickly? Anyone else experience similiar problems with NB?

That's odd, was the lid on properly?

Did you attempt to stir it up?

Perhaps some of the essential oils have seeped to the bottom of the cream?

-joedy

Thankyou for the replies everyone. To confirm: the lid was on properly (hey I'm OCD do you really think I would let somethinlg like that happen?:lol: ) the tub was stored in a cool dark cupboard and I did try stirring it up this morning. But the cream just doesn't have any scent left. Before abandoning the idea of an NB shave completely, I did try lathering the cream; it lathered just as well as it normally does but still it was completely without smell.:confused:

That's very odd. I presume your sniffer is smelling other things OK?:confused:
I would contact Eric Roos at Nancy Boy. His customer service is exemplary.

This is very strange, my tub is about three months old and I dont feel that it has lost any of its oomph.
Cheers, DJ.

Scotto said:
That's very odd. I presume your sniffer is smelling other things OK?:confused:
I would contact Eric Roos at Nancy Boy. His customer service is exemplary.

My other creams smell just fine to me, so I am assuming that it is just a problem with this particular tub of NB. Like everyone else, I am puzzled by this because I think that the level of quality that you get with NB products is unsurpassed.

Could it be the new EU regulations on scents also apply retroactively to products purchased from the States, and the scents have been removed by automatic ionisation rays in Scotland Yard?

Hmm. . .probably not.:rolleyes:

Alex,

I'm going through the same thing with my Taylor's Mr. Taylor cream. I bought it back in Nov. of last year, it's about 75% gone and the remaining 25% just has the faintest smell of the original. I thought about contacting Taylor's, but I figured that it would be better off just leaving it alone.

It still lathers up just fine, but the scent is barely noticeable.

Justso said:
... It still lathers up just fine, but the scent is barely noticeable.

Which begs the question, "Are essential oils prone to evaporation?"

And if so, can essential oil drops be added to a cream to enhance the scent without affecting the shaving properties of the cream?

-joedy

Top Bottom