August/september-quisitions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Show us what you got in August, 2014.

:drool::001_tt1::drool::001_tt1::drool:

(I'll post those in advance, 'cause I know you guys will show up with some cool swag!!)

My first U.S. straight acquisitions:

$US Razors.jpg

The top one is marked Williams Razor Co, Worcester, Mass. It also has The Williams gold-washed on the face.

The middle one is marked J. R. Torrey Razor Co, Worcester, Mass.

The bottom one is marked The "Artist", J. R. Torrey Razor Co.

I noticed the two Torreys at an antique mall last week, so after a little research I went back this morning to pick them up. It turns out that the store was having an anniversary sale, so they came at a 20% discount.

Made 2 stops at different Antiques stores this last week and came away with quite a haul. Hot lather machine, several razors including 2 near perfect fatboys and my forth new OC. I also found this little clock cabinet that had been gutted and made into the perfect shave display, wish they would've had 2.$20140801_215630[1].jpg$20140802_233552[1].jpg$20140802_233425[1].jpg$20140802_233257[1].jpg$20140802_232828[1].jpg

Hi mates!

Some time has passed since my last buyings, but now I'm on fire :-D

A full pack of L'Occitane products from an exchange

Probably the best and most famous Spanish razor ever made: Filomatic. Very difficult to find nowadays but after many months I finally got one in a decent state!

Cheers!

Hit a flea market this morning and scored a nice Gillette Super Adjustable razor, two decent brushes for restorations, and a Parker 45 fountain pen. All that and came home with change from a $20. :001_cool:

Found a small cache of Art of Shaving goodies while taking my daughter shopping for school clothes, she went into a cosmetic store & in the back of the store was a little something for me - Sandlewood shave cream.
This was in the Chesterfield Mall for all you St Louis people, also found out they have a Art of Shaving store in the Galleria mall in St Louis, with barbers working to give you a full treatment with a straight.

Found these pretty reasonable at a flea market today....

20's Old Type ball end. I think it's a 20s, not much diff between that and the teens before it. (nickel?)

30s New Deluxe Long Comb bar handle. brass I think?
'55 Tech ball end-gold plated I think? but I'm not up on finishes. It's an A4.

Oh yeah, all in cases!

Last edited:
Just scored this on ebay for a little over $10. Razor is in nearly new condition. The case is structurally sound, no tears or cracking, but the gold foil covering is coming lose and is torn in places. Will probably just tear the foil off completely. Just shaved with it this AM to test it out. Great shave considering the skimpy handle, but it'll more than suffice when I take it with me on my travels. It will also take up considerably less room in my Dopp kit.
proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]
proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]
proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]

$image.jpg
Two minty techmatics, fingertip movie flip book, injector blades, Twinjector, celluloid case, look sharp be sharp record, miscellaneous blades... Oh and another double ring.

August 3rd, Walkin' Horse English Bridle 2.5" with cotton.

My most expensive shaving possession now.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1407082311213.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1407082311213.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 456

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here are a couple of shots of my latest Rudy Vey acquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple antique shops I frequent finally had some new items:

$photo.jpg

Two Zippos, Schick Krona and Injector, Carborundum combo stone, two black tips, a red tip, fat boy, Parker Duofold desk pen, Esterbrook desk pen, three straights (Jones Mfg. Co., Geneva Cutlery, and Wolfertz & Co.), and a Hoffritz blade dispenser with blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom