What's new

August/september-quisitions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
$photo.jpg

My great-great grandfather's Sheraton razor. The box is in rather rough shape, as it has been through a fire or two. This will definitely get a replate!
$simrazor1.jpg$simrazor2.jpg$simrazor3.jpg$simrazorbox.jpg

Last edited:
$securedownload-2.jpeg
Just scored this Body Prescriptions Shaving Cream in Clean Citron. Found it at Marshall's for $4.99 so I figured I would try it.

Just got these in the other day from a friend. He honed the Diamondine and left the rest for me to work on.

Diamondine

$IMG_0653_zpsc973c3c8.jpg

$IMG_0654_zps7cdcf364.jpg

From top to bottom:

J.R. Torrey (need to replace the scales)
ShurEdge
#11 Extra made in Germany for M.E. Waite Utica NY

$89bf70ad-8303-4179-b4ab-6e7aff58a7a3_zps974d6bed.jpg

And a Rolls Razor

$IMG_0655_zps50096928.jpg

My first U.S. straight acquisitions:

View attachment 479482

The top one is marked Williams Razor Co, Worcester, Mass. It also has The Williams gold-washed on the face.

The middle one is marked J. R. Torrey Razor Co, Worcester, Mass.

The bottom one is marked The "Artist", J. R. Torrey Razor Co.

I noticed the two Torreys at an antique mall last week, so after a little research I went back this morning to pick them up. It turns out that the store was having an anniversary sale, so they came at a 20% discount.
Hone those JR Torreys up, they are really nice shavers

No photo, but have Trumper's Coconut cream and Lime soap on the way from the UK. The wait time is killing me.

Last edited:
This delivered today from the Hut in the UK. Proraso Blue cream tube, Proraso sensitive skin pre shave and the free zippered travel shave kit with the brush, and sample sizes of shaving cream, pre shave cream, and liquid after shave cream. I think I will have to do an all Proraso shave tomorrow.
$20140820_134205.jpg$20140820_143400.jpg

This is the setup I have just acquired, my first in DE shaving:
Merkur 34G, Omega 48, L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter, Oriental Shave Cream (made in Melbourne, glycerine based) and Feather blades.
Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday to use the razor (it came today in the mail) as I'm doing some extras work in a movie about a bushranger and have been told not to shave until after the shoot. We'll see how I go after that. Looking forward to the learning curve ahead of me!
$image.jpg

Two AOS tallow soaps - Lavender and Lemon, and also a couple of B&M samples, Fougère Aromatique and Nocturne:

proxy.php

BK8 Kent silvertip
Schulze 6/8 goldwash sr
Hart 7/8 sr
Hart 6/8 Custom
Revisor 8/8 sr
RR Zi pepino - 3
RR Freedberg -2
RR San valention -2
RR Son Of Zeus -4
RR P160 -3
RR S Maria -1
RR sandalwood -1
RR Don Marco - 1 and 1 too many don't like
RR XXX -3
Castle Forbes Lavender crème -1 and one to many don't like
I think I left a few out

BK8 Kent silvertip
Schulze 6/8 goldwash sr
Hart 7/8 sr
Hart 6/8 Custom
Revisor 8/8 sr
RR Zi pepino - 3
RR Freedberg -2
RR San valention -2
RR Son Of Zeus -4
RR P160 -3
RR S Maria -1
RR sandalwood -1
RR Don Marco - 1 and 1 too many don't like
RR XXX -3
Castle Forbes Lavender crème -1 and one to many don't like
I think I left a few out

Whoa!!
Can't wait to see the pics!!

This is the setup I have just acquired, my first in DE shaving:
Merkur 34G, Omega 48, L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter, Oriental Shave Cream (made in Melbourne, glycerine based) and Feather blades.
Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday to use the razor (it came today in the mail) as I'm doing some extras work in a movie about a bushranger and have been told not to shave until after the shoot. We'll see how I go after that. Looking forward to the learning curve ahead of me!
View attachment 486145

welcome squee! Nice set! Huge tub of soap! Congrats on your movie gig!

Went to a flea market today. Scored a 2005 puck of Williams*, a Vintage Saddle Soap Tin, a Piece of Agate (curious if it's abrasive at all, so figured I'd see what it does to an edge), and what is now, if it wasn't before: a Pu-ehr tea chest.

*Bah, it's exactly the same as modern stuff. I thought the circle on top and bottom for price stickers were from pre-reform; but nope. This is the modern crap, just without much of the scent.

Attachments

• $PICT0050.jpg
    $PICT0050.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 187
  • $PICT0051.jpg
    $PICT0051.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom