What's new

How many shaves can you get on an AutoStrop + feather blade?

I assume you're talking about the Seikan, carbon steel ones. I've only tried one. I checked my log and it looks like I got 4 or 5 shaves out of it. IIRC, though, I switched it out early because I wanted to try the OEM blade that came with the razor. I strop the blade before and lightly after every shave, to dry it. Don't know how important that is but...

J

Either one, actually.

I've heard a lot of varying opinions on the Valet blades, although I suppose that makes sense given it's hard to predict how a 70 year old blade has aged

I find the stainless Feather blades to be about equal to the stainless GEM blades. They shave well, but I also find that they only last for about three shaves before they start to tug.

With stropping, Autostrop claimed 50 shaves per Valet blade...
...My Feather Seikan carbons improve and improve with use but still only on shave 4!
I've used 8 NOS Valet blades from different sources, and stropped on the Valet strop pasted witg feox they've all been superb.
If someone could source a big stock.of them they'd be a better option.than the Seokans.

Last edited:
Connaught sells the stainless steel feathers which are also supposed to fit most autostrop models.

I haven't acquired any strop paste yet, but went ahead and stropped one of the Valet blades included in my set. Tomorrow will be interesting...

Top Bottom