What's new

PIPE! Presenting, for your enjoyment, The 2014 B&B Brown Leaf LE Pipe!

Number 6 showed up at my door today. This cell phone pic doesn't come close to showing how beautiful the grain really is.

$tinsky2014.jpg

agree. the amber stem and the smooth grain really looks fantastic together. ALMOST to pretty to smoke! Wish I had the funds to get one of each....but really jazzed about the one I did get.

Glad to see they are rolling in, fellas!

So, we have:

• Borderdog: B&T 21/24
  • WithTheGrain: Smooth 1/24
  • Mapster: Smooth 8/24
  • jiminyshiznit: Smooth 13/24 (coolest pic and number so far :thumbup1:)
  • nortac: Smooth 9/24
  • Shave_Rat: B&T 22/24
  • spazchowww: Smooth 6/24
  • Hirsute: Smooth 2/24
  • cwf71: B&T 23/24
  • Whiskey Badger: Smooth 5/24, B&T 19/24
  • seanmckay: B&T 16/24
  • Riff Raff: B&T 15/24

Curious to see who got #24

Your guess is as good as mine on how Mark distributed the numbers. He must've had some method to it, as it is not tied to the finish type. If you have ever met or talked to Mark, you would understand that it could have been any number of things, no pun intended. He is truly a unique and interesting character, and a damn fine dude.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Number 2! Nice grain on mine. Interestingly, mine is marked "Cabernet" instead of "pristine" and is more reddish brown.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411087513.448547.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411087521.799297.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411087529.847495.jpg

How about everyone else? What finishes are on yours?

Glad to see they are rolling in, fellas!

So, we have:

• Borderdog: B&T 21/24
  • WithTheGrain: Smooth ??/24
  • Mapster: Smooth 8/24
  • jiminyshiznit: Smooth 13/24 (coolest pic and number so far :thumbup1:)
  • nortac: Smooth 9/24
  • Shave_Rat: B&T 22/24
  • spazchowww: Smooth 6/24
  • Hirsute: Smooth 2/24
  • cwf71: B&T 23/24

Curious to see who got #24

Your guess is as good as mine on how Mark distributed the numbers. He must've had some method to it, as it is not tied to the finish type. If you have ever met or talked to Mark, you would understand that it could have been any number of things, no pun intended. He is truly a unique and interesting character, and a damn fine dude.

Mine is 1 and is also Cabernet. I can't get a photo to show it, but birdseye on the bottom with a bit of flame grain on one side.

I am curious how it was determined which stain he used, if certain grain types lent themselves better to different stains, etc. I suppose it may random, similar to those who got flat tops versus round tops on last years LE. Either way, I am happy!

These look even better than the pics from the first post (no offense Steve!)

Keep EM coming boys! Love seeing all of your special LE babies. Hoping mine comes next week :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hirsute, love that Cabernet stain! I wish we had had the option to chose. As beautiful as my "Pristine" smooth with amber stem is, it is a bit too orange for my tastes. If it had not been for the amber stem, I would have gone the black and tan route.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Hirsute, love that Cabernet stain! I wish we had had the option to chose. As beautiful as my "Pristine" smooth with amber stem is, it is a bit too orange for my tastes. If it had not been for the amber stem, I would have gone the black and tan route.

Yeah, the cabernet looks pretty good! More of a reddish brown than an orange and a nice match for the amber stem. I'm getting together with Jiminyshiznit on Sunday to inaugurate the pipes, and he got a smooth pristine so we can post up some comparison shots. I'm definitely curious how Mark chose what pipe got what stain, or stayed smooth versus became a Black and Tan.

Yeah, the cabernet looks pretty good! More of a reddish brown than an orange and a nice match for the amber stem. I'm getting together with Jiminyshiznit on Sunday to inaugurate the pipes, and he got a smooth pristine so we can post up some comparison shots. I'm definitely curious how Mark chose what pipe got what stain, or stayed smooth versus became a Black and Tan.

My guess is that the pipes with grain that was clearly good were stained pristine, the maybe good were cabernet. From these cabernet, he keep the best as smooth and the rest became black and tans.

That or certain grain patterns look better with certain stains.

Last edited:

I think it is cool that every pipe is just a little bit different. With the Black & Tan's the rustication makes it different, but with the smooths, he changed it up a bit by the stain. I couldn't be happier with my pipe.

Top Bottom