What's new

Voskhod blades?

Does anyone here have experience with Voskhod blades? Just purchased 150 of them and thought i probably should have done more research.

Voskhods are a bit of an enigma to me. They are not the sharpest but maybe the smoothest. They get me thinking about how a blade works its magic. It seems to me that while "sharpness" is an obvious quality for a blade, drag is also important. The coating on the Voskhod makes for a smooth, forgiving shaving experience. I use a Voskhod when I have to shave daily. Even if it doesn't give me the closest shave(single pass WTG if I am shaving daily), it is very easy on my face, and that is a very good thing.

Voskhods are a nice point on the sharpness/smoothness spectrum of me, a very enjoyable blade.

Bonus Trivia Point: Voskhod translates in english to Sunrise.

These blades are ok. They only last me 3 shaves(two of which are performed on a fresh edge meaning on the 3rd shave I use both edges- usually only use them for 2 shaves) and don't get much use anymore because while I thought they were pretty smooth when I got them I now know they are low on the blade ladder of quality. If you think these are smooth you might keep looking. Try 7oclock yellow, PermaSharp Supers, 7oclock Blacks, Personna Reds, or even Sputnik Teflons are smoother and provide more shaves.

The good thing is you'll be able to trade them off easily for something better.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For me...Voskhod is my 'one & only go to' blade (a perfect balance of sharpness [moderate], smoothness [awesome] and price [sweet])! :thumbsup:

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/sh...product=211221

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/327703-Voskhod-Comrades-Club

proxy.php
"Dа...бритва[лезвие] не может быть обострена на части бархата". Автор неизвестен (translation...“Yes...a razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

PS Did you know that Voskhod means 'sunrise'
proxy.php
in Russian
proxy.php

Tried a couple in my EJ89 and didn't like them at all. Was surprised how much they are talked up about. But as they say, YMMV. Mine sure did!

Top Bottom