What's new

Tobacquisitions for August 2014

I was browsing an antique shop on Saturday while on a weekend trip and happened upon this guy:

View attachment 487831

I instantly fell in love with the shape, and for the asking price of $6 I couldn't walk away empty handed. It's marked The Timber Box St Ives

Ok, this may be a dumb questions but what exactly do you call that shape? I have a pipe that is very similar but I have never felt comfortable with naming the shape. Any thoughts?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Ok, this may be a dumb questions but what exactly do you call that shape? I have a pipe that is very similar but I have never felt comfortable with naming the shape. Any thoughts?

It's not a standard shape to my eyes, so I'd go with quarter bent squat Dublin, quarter bent pot billiard, or something like that depending on bowl geometry.

I always thought of it as a Dublin variant, but that never sat quite right.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409031160.612603.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Decided to give Virginias another try after Alpster posted a WTT post in the Stock Exchange. I received 2 oz each of Sutliff Sweet Virginia and Golden Dream, a tin of Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow, and some Dill bristle pipe cleaners. Thanks Donnie.

Attachments

• $20140827_163936.jpg
    $20140827_163936.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Haven't posted most of recent purchases but here is what landed today.

Peterson Kinsale XL14 Rusticated, picked up from P&C 20% off sale with 4oz of Snow Drift.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409190086.179185.jpg

Then I finally landed a Tsuge, received another great deal and I am very pleased with it.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409190122.643813.jpg

Haven't posted most of recent purchases but here is what landed today.

Peterson Kinsale XL14 Rusticated, picked up from P&C 20% off sale with 4oz of Snow Drift.
View attachment 488727

Then I finally landed a Tsuge, received another great deal and I am very pleased with it.
View attachment 488728

I love the Kinsale and Donegal finishes. Beautiful pipe.

And a nice Tsuge you got there! Now, you're one step closer to the title of Daimyo ;)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A Xikar Pipeline arrived today! New and crazy cheap. And for those who saw my butane thread, I decided to live dangerously and fill it with Ronson.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409198024.024586.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Go to the Xikar website and register it. In 3 weeks or so you will receive a free leather pouch

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I always field dress (knock the cherry out) of my cigarettes, then toss the filter in a trash can, or the lighter pocket of my jeans if a can isn't available. This would be a lot cooler, as I sometimes forget to remove the butt from the watch pocket, then I have to hear it from my wife when she discovers it in the washing machine :001_smile

To Micah, and anyone else who buys a Xikar lighter or cutter- they do free leather pouch with regisistration for all their products that I am aware of.

Top Bottom