What's new

Beard Oil

I am in the process of growing out my beard and have been doing some reading on beard care. I was curious, what are your experiences with beard oils? Also, what are some other tips or suggestions for a luscious beard? Thanks gang!

Razorock Beard Conditioner is good

I also use a leave in conditioner

Just be sure to wash it with shampoo every few days and comb it often

I've used Honest Amish Beard Balm for a while now, and recently picked up some Grave Before Shave Beard Oil. I've noticed that my beard is softer than it was, and that I prefer the Oil to the Balm, but I think that's a preference thing. I've also noticed a huge difference since I bought a soap made specifically for beards, instead of the shampoo I was using.

Also I'd say invest in a good comb, according to research wood is the way to go.

I don't use anything fancy on my beard. It seems pretty soft just from using the body wash with conditioner that I typically use. It's not a long beard, so perhaps that's the difference, but I find it to be pretty hassle free.

Since beard hair varies from person to person, some of the only way to find what stuff you want to use is going to depend on experimentation. I've been leaving my RazorRock shave oil in my beard as a beard oil, and I like how it brings some of the colors out and highlights them. I can't say it's any softer, but it definitely adds to it's appearance.

I have been growing my beard back and have tried a few products to keep the stray hairs under control I found that children's detangler works great to make it nice and soft and get any nappy hair out but does not keep it under control.

I have tried a bunch of beard oils - and my favorite is Penhaligon's. Pricey - yes, but it works splendid, smells wonderful and lasts forever. Simply Great Beard Oil is also superb, and is dirt cheap, especially considering the size of the bottle.

A member a while ago turned me on to using coconut oil once in a while and that seems to cure all beard ailments. I use the Pinaud Hair Tonics and I am a loyal Tres Flores Brilliantine (liquid) user...controls stray hairs and leaves a nice shine. The only drawback is that it smells like a woman's powder room from the 20s...I've gotten used to it though.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have tried a bunch of beard oils - and my favorite is Penhaligon's. Pricey - yes, but it works splendid, smells wonderful and lasts forever. Simply Great Beard Oil is also superb, and is dirt cheap, especially considering the size of the bottle.

Is this the one Joel? Or do they have more?
http://www.penhaligons.com/us/sartorial-beard-oil/

I use the Wild Man Beard Conditioner
http://www.wildroseherbs.com/Wild-Man-s/1817.htm

It works for me. Softens and puts a nice sheen on my beard.

I use plain sweet almond oil. I need to keep things fragrance free. Also, this stuff softens and conditions pretty well without being too heavy. Plus it's cheaper than most products marked specifically as "beard oil".

I also use a leave in conditioner

Just be sure to wash it with shampoo every few days and comb it often

+1

My goatee area is fairly long while my sideburns and jawline are kept fairly short. I shampoo and condition every day, use a leave-in conditioner every day (sometimes I use Argan oil) and comb it often throughout the day...everyday.

I have full beard at the moment, but i keep it very short. About a #1 with the clipper guard, but i notice small flakes around the chin area. Will a beard tonic or oil help with that?

I recently started using Honest Amish beard balm, which I would really consider on oil because it turns to liquid upon contact with your hand. This is the first beard specific product I have used, but I'm happy with the results. It has softened my beard and makes it more manageable, and also minimizes the itchiness that sometimes occur. As far as the product itself goes, the container is relatively pricey for what you get, but I use such a small amount of it that it will last quite awhile.

My beard is a inch and a half or so long, and I use Dream Beard oils to soften and moisturize it. The oils work quite well in my opinion and the five or six scents to choose from are quite good.

I recently started using Honest Amish beard balm, which I would really consider on oil because it turns to liquid upon contact with your hand. This is the first beard specific product I have used, but I'm happy with the results. It has softened my beard and makes it more manageable, and also minimizes the itchiness that sometimes occur. As far as the product itself goes, the container is relatively pricey for what you get, but I use such a small amount of it that it will last quite awhile.

That was my first foray as well - but I was less than enamored with it. Once I tried beard oil - I never used it again.

Is this the one Joel? Or do they have more?
http://www.penhaligons.com/us/sartorial-beard-oil/

I use the Wild Man Beard Conditioner
http://www.wildroseherbs.com/Wild-Man-s/1817.htm

It works for me. Softens and puts a nice sheen on my beard.

That's the one, Jason. It's an exceptional product - and I really enjoy the scent. It's strong enough to boast impressive staying power, but at no point is overly obnoxious. My close second is Mr. Natty's beard elixir. Penhaligons is really the standard though, once you get accustomed to it, it really feels like a step down to use anything else. Perhaps I'm biased.

Top Bottom