What's new

Muhle 89 - How aggressive?

I sort of did things backwards. I decided I wanted a DE, my family bought me the Muhle r89 for fathers day. I've been using it for a couple of months and have really been making progress. I joined here after I received the razor, since I had no idea how to use it. I probably would have looked like a jack the ripper victim if I hadn't joined.

It's the only DE razor I have known, so its impossible for me to judge it. How aggressive is it considered? is it a middle of the road? less aggressive? more aggressive?

thanks!

I'd say it's pretty middle of the road for aggressiveness. That was my first DE too and I still think it's one of the best I've got so it was a good choice IMO. Some people will say it's closer to the mild side of the spectrum but with good technique it does a great job for me.

I have an R89 Grande and from what I have seen others with much more experience than me say is it is a good beginners razor. Not too aggressive but not too mild. I have only been using it about a week but I really enjoy it. However, I'm getting several weepers. I blame my technique since I have only been using a safety razor for 5 weeks.

Enjoy, I think it looks and feels great in the hand.

The Muehle R89 uses the same head as the Edwin Jagger DE89, which I have. I would say it is medium and a very good shaver for beginners and veterans alike.

The Muehle R89 uses the same head as the Edwin Jagger DE89, which I have. I would say it is medium and a very good shaver for beginners and veterans alike.

"very good shaver for beginners and veterans alike" In other words, it's a very good razor for anyone. My EJ DE87 (same head different handle) is my favorite razor. It is comparable to a Slim at a middle setting, say 5 or 6.

I would say it's middle of the road.

Do yourself a favor. Spend $10 and pick up a Gillette Tech. It's super mild. The R89 was my first razor too. I picked up a Tech, and it's all I've been using lately. Mild razor + sharper blade = Heaven!

Top Bottom