What's new

Shave soap storage

Hello men.

I bought some shave soap... Arent you proud of me?? :thumbup: Well, one of the soaps I got did not come with a handy little container to keep it in. So, I propose a question:

What do you keep your shave soaps in? How many do you have? THIS COULD GET CRAZY!!! I dont see an end in sight my fellow shavers, I could be buying soaps before the last one is used for the rest of my life... Then what?? Ahhh. ;-)

So, before I cut a plastic cup in half I thought Id ask....

whats something around the house I could use? Or better yet, just tell me what to use and thats what Ill do, ya'll havent steered me wrong thus far!

Thanks in advance!

I've got a stack of cheap plastic Ziploc "disposable" tubs from Wal-Mart that are just the right size for large soap pucks. I've also managed to gather a handful of the little metal soap containers from Stirling Soaps after getting so many sample runs. I use the metal containers for soaps that are smaller.

I haven't thought of a nice premium permanent solution yet, probably some bigger metal tins when I narrow down the champions of my current soap collection, but until then the Ziploc things are perfect for the interim.

+1 for this. KISS!

I've got a stack of cheap plastic Ziploc "disposable" tubs from Wal-Mart that are just the right size for large soap pucks. I've also managed to gather a handful of the little metal soap containers from Stirling Soaps after getting so many sample runs. I use the metal containers for soaps that are smaller.

I haven't thought of a nice premium permanent solution yet, probably some bigger metal tins when I narrow down the champions of my current soap collection, but until then the Ziploc things are perfect for the interim.

if you have a container store in your area, check out the Tin Isle. the have various and assorted tins of all shapes and sizes. I opted for the 8 oz size as they are arounf 5 inchies in Diameter and have plenty of room for loading. cheap too, something like $1.50 each depending. others like the Grundtall containers from IKEA becuase they have a clear top that you can add labels to. my wife works at a sign shop, so she just makes labes for me. tins are the best!

Oenida.com has a set of 6 one cup containers:
Anchor Hocking 12pc Round Storage Bowls w/ Lids - 1 cup - See more at: http://www.oneida.com/sale/summer-t...-bowls-w-lids-1-cup.html#sthash.CZm2m5h3.dpuf

for $8.99 plus shipping. You can find something else on sale for the missus to soften the entry.
+1 on the one cup rounds. A four pack of pyrex ones are $10 at Wal-Mart if the shipping eats into the savings on that link but that looks like a killer deal. They stack nice and have room so you won't get proto - lather everywhere. I'dpost pictures but can't figure out how to do so on my phone for the life of me...

Last edited:
+1 on the one cup rounds. A four pack of pyrex ones are $10 at Wal-Mart if the shipping eats into the savings on that link but that looks like a killer deal. They stack nice and have room so you won't get proto - lather everywhere. I'dpost pictures but can't figure out how to do so on my phone for the life of me...

Thanks guys, Ill be getting some of these, and the tins are great too!!!

+1

$20140801_202405.jpg
i found this old campbells soap thermas/container at a antique shop, i pressed my arko in it...works like a charm! since thin i have found alot of them in shops. sorry about the pics im a noob and cant figure out how to get them straight

Old Spice shaving mugs. Keep it traditional.

My wife wont let me keep 10 of those in the medicine cabinet. I could see that being the one and only if I only had a one and only soap. One day I will be able to keep it traditional. But for now, Im like a single man looking for my soap in the sea! :001_cool:

Top Bottom