What's new

What Acqua di Parma fragrance goes with the AdP shaving cream (old formula)

Hello,

I love the scent of the old formulation of the AdP colezione barbiere shaving cream. Is there a AdP cologne with the same of very similar smell?

Thanks.

I have the ADP Colonia - I've been curious about the differences with the Intensa - can you compare them? I like the Colonia type scents (Borsari, XXX, etc) but the AdP lasts better than any other I've tried.

+1

Favorite scent is the Intensa, but agree all of the AdP products are great.

The Colonia Intensa seems spicier to me than the Colonia, which is somewhat sweet. It still has the same citrus notes, so you will definitely recognize it, as they have similar notes. However the Intensa adds a leather , wood and musk that don't appear in the Colonia.
You can get samples off of the *bay for pretty check and try them out, if you don't have a store close by. They are all worth trying till you decide which you prefer.

As I really didn't like the Colonia or Essenza at first, but now the Essenza is my second favorite. SO give them a chance more than once.
Best wishes!

I like them all, but for classic simplicity just match the old AdP soap with the classic Colonia. Hard to beat!

Colonia - great, but like the shaving cream, does not last long enough.
Colonia Assoluta - adds orange, seems closest to colonia, lasts longer than colonia. Probably my favorite now.
Colonia Intensa - colonia with some cedar and musk, lasts longer than colonia
Colonia Essenza - adds vetiver-like scent to original; cedar, soap & musk, lasts longer than colonia

The biggest reason for the reformulation was so the Acqua do Parma Shaving Line could better match other scents they produce. But the common thought is the original shaving line was to match their flagship fragrance 'Colonia'.

I've briefly owned Intensa and have always owned Colonia. Intensa is really nothing like Colonia. It is a woody fragrance. It has a huge dose of iso-E super (a synthetic musk) that is common in many men's fragrances these days. I personally can't stand the molecule in large doses hence why I got rid of Intensa.

Both fragrances use high quality ingredients. However, AdP Colonia really is an understated, sophisticated and classic fragrance.

Assoluta is also nice, but leaning more in the fougere direction.

Just the AdP aftershave, it's great with the shave cream!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom