What's new

One word...... FEATHER!

Very new at this as I've been shaving for a month with my Weber PH. Bought a trial pack of blades and started with Astra as recommended by the good folks at Weber. Moved on as follows listed by order of preference after using one each...

Astra
Blue Bird
Shark
Gillette Super Thin Mejorada, 7 o'Clock super stainless, silver blue (liked these 3 about the same).

Then I had 2 left... Derby and Feather. Someone warned me to stay away from Derby, so I opted for the feared Feather..... OH BOY is this a great blade! It is my favorite by far. What an excellent shave and no nicks.

LOVE IT!!!!

Feather is my hands down favorite, but some folks don't like them because they don't get as many shaves. I change blades every 3 or 4 shaves, so I don't know how long a Feather will last. :thumbup:

Feathers are a great blade, maybe the best and many would agree. Feathers, along with Polsilvers, Super Iridiums and Personna Med Preps help give, for me, some of the best shaves I can get.

I love feathers, just not in every DE razor lol (I learned that the hard way), was the first 100 blades buy I got

Feathers are my favorite.
My workhorse is Personna Reds
I just go Polsilvers the other day. I am going to try them for the first time today.

Feather is my hands down favorite, but some folks don't like them because they don't get as many shaves. I change blades every 3 or 4 shaves, so I don't know how long a Feather will last. :thumbup:

I tested it; I get 5 good shaves from a Feather blade, and 2 passable ones. Bit shorter than an IP blade for me, but the first shaves with a fresh Feather are magic.

Used Feather for first time in my 1904 for a terrific shave! Tried them in my EJ today and another great result. Next up in my super speed! Might displace Astra SP as daily blade...

I love feathers! On one hand I haven't used one in along time though, because they don't last very long for me. I started using Astra SP's because they're less than half the price of Feathers. But I know if I pop in a feather, I'll go through what I have left and the Astras will collect dust.

Feathers are a great blade, maybe the best and many would agree. Feathers, along with Polsilvers, Super Iridiums and Personna Med Preps help give, for me, some of the best shaves I can get.
Feel the same...great shaves, no cuts no nicks, just smooth skin.

Used Feather for first time in my 1904 for a terrific shave! Tried them in my EJ today and another great result. Next up in my super speed! Might displace Astra SP as daily blade...

Feathers plus an Edwin Jagger DE equals a very pleasant shave. I prefer Astra SPs in my slant, though - gotta tighten up my technique to maximize the Feather + slant combo!

Just got my own 10-pack yesterday, and tried it out this morning. Wow. No nicks, cuts, weepers, whatever... perhaps because all of the writeups on these blades tends to encourage... respect. Very careful, used a steeper angle than with other blades. I do have a bit of lingering irritation because I did 4 passes and a touch up, but that's technique to work on, and wow is that a smooth shave!

I really like Feathers in my Merkur 34C. I'm starting to get to the point in my technique that I can make pretty much any blade work for me. Knock on wood.

OH BOY is this a great blade! It is my favorite by far. What an excellent shave and no nicks.

LOVE IT!!!!

This is so funny - I was going to post essentially the same thing tonight. I've only used Merkur blades before, but I noticed an immediate difference when I switched to Feather. I get fewer nicks with the Feather because it glides so smooth. The Merkur seemed to hang up once in a while on my face and I would get nicked there. Some of this could be improvement in technique too, but a good amount of it has to be the blade.

As for cost. I'm only using blades twice. I flip it over after the first shave. It's easy to remember when the blade needs changing (if my razor is empty, then I'm putting in a new blade, if it already has a blade, then this is the last shave on that blade). If you buy Feathers in quantity, you can shave this way for a little over 12 cents per shave. How poor do you need to be to have to save more money than that?

Where can I purchase Personna Med Preps?

Where can I buy Feathers for only 24 cents a blade in bulk? (at 12 cents per shave for two uses)

Last edited:
Where can I buy Feathers for only 24 cents a blade in bulk? (at 12 cents per shave for two uses)

Amazon has 200 blades for $44.19 + $4.84 S/H = $49.03 / 400 shaves = 12.2575 cents/shave. 100 blades isn't quite as good, but still reasonable (~26-27 cents per blade). Of course, if you want to sample a lot of different blades, then buying this many would not be for you.

I am going debuting my feathers next week.... a little afraid...

Don't be. I was, and the shave was much better and more comfortable than what I had been getting.

Feather blades are what convinced me to stay with DE shaving. They are quite simply the best DE blades I've ever used. The fact that they are so sharp makes them much easier to use in mild razors, which I prefer.

Top Bottom