What's new

Nib Acquisitions August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
found it for the same price as my Visconti from the show $IMG_20140821_213551.jpg

I really like it, enough give to get some good shading from the ink, but still "everyday useable."

I knew going in that it wasn't a flex or semi flex, but it's still a fun change of pace over the rest of my nail nibs.

I originally had the resin version, but sent it back as it was just too light and I'm not a fan of the con50 converter if I can avoid it. The metal version comes with the con70, which actually holds a respectable amount of ink.

My very first FP, TWSBI 580AL, and I could not be happier!

Piston moved freely, but with what seemed like an appropriate amount of resistance, so I loaded her up and took it for a spin!

Wrote beautifully right out of the gate. No slow starts, good ink flow, and was easy to keep in the sweet spot. Woke up, no leaks, pen started right back up when nib hit paper, and I could not be more pleased with my choice of a first pen.

I AM disappointed I only bought one kind of ink and nib.......but there are ways if dealing with that! :001_rolle

Attachments

• $IMG_8571.jpg
    $IMG_8571.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 80
  • $IMG_8579.jpg
    $IMG_8579.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 80
  • $IMG_8595.jpg
    $IMG_8595.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 81
  • $IMG_8599.jpg
    $IMG_8599.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
  • $IMG_8615.jpg
    $IMG_8615.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 79
Behike:

Congrats on the TWSBI; I'm glad it writes so well. One of the things I think is best about the TWSBI is that it comes with the tools and instructions to take it apart to service it. Good luck with the Inks...I hope you don't fall too far down the rabbit hole:laugh:

Earlier this month I purchased a Kaweco Liliput Brass FP (medium nib), and I'm loving it. I now waiting for a bottle of Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, an italic nib (1.1) and a Platinum Preppy FP for my oldest daughter (8yrs). From what I've read, the ink shouldn't disappoint.

Earlier this month I purchased a Kaweco Liliput Brass FP (medium nib), and I'm loving it. I now waiting for a bottle of Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, an italic nib (1.1) and a Platinum Preppy FP for my oldest daughter (8yrs). From what I've read, the ink shouldn't disappoint.

54th is one of my favorites. Always have it inked up in at least one pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom